CG LITTLE GATORS 2020
For the safety of our swimmers, all NEW swimmers interested in Little Gators MUST attend a new swimmer evaluation on Monday, April 20, 2020, between 3:30 and 5:30pm
PURPOSE: CG Little Gators aims to provide a fun and safe introduction to the swim team environment for young swimmers who do not yet meet the skill requirements for the regular swim team.
PRACTICES: Tuesday/Thursday/Friday starting May 19, 2020; see website for times
Swimmers ready for Little Gators will:
- Be 4 years of age on or before June 15, 2020
- Swim unassisted for 7-10 yards (21-30 feet), in any manner
- Breathe unassisted while swimming with face in water
- Swim unassisted on back for 7-10 yards (21-30 feet)
- Jump/dive into water and return to the side unassisted
- Complete 5 bobs in a row (while hanging onto the wall, blow bubbles under the water, take a breath, and then return right away to bubbles)
- Submerge completely underwater
- Enter the water willingly (including the deep end), with limited coaxing and convincing by parents or coaches
- Listen and follow directions consistently
- Wait independently on the steps or side of pool until it is their turn (1-2 minutes)
PLEASE NOTE: Space in our Little Gator program is limited.