Information on Trainings and copies of information on the trainings will be posted on this page.
The in-person training sessions last about 1.5 - 2 hours and during the trainings we will discuss the rules, how to interpret the rules and how to officiate at a meet.
Once this training is complete you will be required to take a written test. It is 50 questions, open book and you must get at least 80% to pass. If you do not pass you will be given an opportunity to retake the test.
Training dates have ended for the 2016-2017 Season. Anyone who wishes to be an official will need to take the online course through www.strokeandturn.com Once you complete that course you will need to take the league's written test, please talk to your coach on how to get a copy of the test.
Dates for the fall of 2016 trainings are:
- Thursday, October 27th at 7pm - 240 Nahatan St, Westwood
- Thursday, October 27th at 7:30pm - 226 Beech St, Belmont
- Saturday, November 5th at 8am - 20 Alphabet Lane, Weston
- Monday, November 7th at 7pm - 203 Oak Street, Natick
- Saturday, November 12th at 9am - 60 Tappen St, Brookline
- Tuesday, November 15th at 7pm - 475 Walnut St, Newton
- If we can add more dates we will post those here.
- List list will be updated in the next few days
Please Click here to sign up for the training date you will attend.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Arnie at firstname.lastname@example.org
List of all officials authorized for the 2016-2017 season - click here to see list. If someone has not passed it means I have not received a complete test with a score of at least 80% from them. If anyone is missing from this list, please let Arnie know.
Recourses for Officials
Copy of Rules handed out at Training
This has been updated for the fall of 2016.
All links below come from US SWIMMING at www.usaswimming.org
Links from USA SWIMMING
Articles from USA Swimming
Videos from US SWIMMING for officials
DQ slip for our league meets
DQ Codes FINA and USA Swimming