Swim Team Events
The FPCC Tsunami Swim Team has only one fundraiser, the Swim-A-Thon. This year’s event is held in
May during practice time.
- This year's Swim-a-thon will be held May 21st and 22nd.
- Download the Swim-a-thon form to collect pledges: 2018 Swim-A-thon Pledge Form.
- Pledge money is DUE: June 9, 2018 to be eligibile for this year's Over-Nighter Event.
The overnighter is a great opportunity for all swim team members to come together and bond as a team. It is a wonderful experience for all. All attendees are divided into groups including girls and boys from all ages groups. They have a friendly competition amongst the groups, competing in fun and wacky on-deck and some in-the-water events.
- Once everyone is dried off, they have pizza, nachos, snacks, lemonade etc.
- Those who don't want to stay the night can leave at this time.
- Two different movie areas are setups for younger and older groups.
- Tents fill the entire grass area, and eventually most everyone goes to sleep.
- Chaparones assigned (parents of 8&unders staying the night are required to stay).
- Donuts/Muffins, Juice and coffee (for those tired adults and chaparones) are ready in the morning as everyone cleans up!
- All swim team members love the overnighter!
Breakfast of Champions
This is an event the Friday morning before Championships. There is light or fun practice, and a team of volunteers coordinates pancake breakfast for all. The kids then make poster to display at Championships the next morning and we also use the posters to adorn the pool area during the Tusnami Awards Dinner the night after Champs!
Tsunami Awards Night
The Awards night is the last Hu-rah of the season. Dinner, swimming, awards and slideshow end the fun evening and conclude the season.