May 17 - May 20, 2021
Lakota Family YMCA - Outoor pool
|Ages 13 & Older
||4:30 - 5:30pm
| Ages 11-12
||5:30 - 6:30pm
|Ages 9 - 10
7:15 - 8:15pm
|Ages 8 & under
||6:30 - 7:15pm
May 24 - July 23, 2021
Lakota Family YMCA- Outdoor Pool
|Ages 13 & Over
||7:30 - 8:45am
|Ages 11 - 12
||7:45 - 9:00am
|Ages 9 - 10
8:45 - 9:45am
|Ages 8 & Under
|9:00 - 9:45am
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather during practice time or meets, we will take the following action.
We will practice and compete during light to moderate rain.
Continuation of practices and meets during hard rain is at the discretion of the coaches and lifeguards based on visibility of the pool.
In the event of lightning and/or thunder the pool and the pool deck will be cleared immediately until such time passes that it is safe to return, determined by the coaches and lifeguards.
If practice is stopped, the coaches will wait a short period of time to see if the weather passes before cancelling the remainder of practice. Announcements will be posted on the team website and social media.
If a meet is stopped, the coaches from both teams will confer to determine an acceptable period of time to wait for the weather to clear before cancelling the remainder of the meet.
Practices and meets will NOT move to the indoor pool in the case of inclement weather.
1. All swimmers participating on the summer team must attend practice the morning of a meet in order to swim in the dual meet that evening (rare exceptions may be made; contact Coach Tom).
2. Year-round swimmers participating on the summer team are encouraged attend evening practices as often as possible (except Tuesdays when there is a dual meet). Swimmers age 11 & Over may attend the morning summer team practice as well (recommend a limit of 3 mornings a week for 13 & Over and 2 mornings per week for 11-12; excluding Tuesday meet days).
3. ALL SWIMMERS SHOULD HAVE A FULL WATER BOTTLE WITH THEM AT EACH PRACTICE. Staying hydrated is extremely important and having a water bottle on hand will aid in overall improvement.
· All participants must be able to swim 1 length of freestyle and 1 length backstroke with no support by June 1st. If unable coach reserves right to request them to move to our learn to swim program to better their swimming skills.
· DO NOT attend a practice that is not your own without approval from Coach Tom.
To participate in meets, swimmers must:
• Attend 3 of 5 weekly practices
• Attend practice the morning of the meet
Swimsuit, goggles, a water bottle, and towels are needed at practice each day.