Cross Plains Stingrays Swim Team
ASSISTANT COACH JOB DESCRIPTION 2020
Mission Statement: The Cross Plains Stingrays is a recreational summer program that promotes a love of swimming and a sense of community for all youth. From Memorial Day through the end of July the team offers competitive opportunities that challenge individuals and encourage growth. Weekly themes and fun days encourage team building and team spirit with a focus on good sportsmanship.
As an assistant coach, you are a representative of the Cross Plains Stingrays and should act responsibly at all times, treating others with respect following our team code of conduct.
An assistant coach must have a competitive swimming background, strong communication, organizational and administrative skills, a desire and passion for working with and developing swimmers of all ages. They must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated leader who desires to collaborate with other coaches, work under the leadership of the head coach and has a desire to challenge swimmers to improve and have fun together. Lifeguard certification highly recommended.
Primary responsibility: to oversee one age group and work with head coach and coaching staff to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all swimmers
- Attend all assigned practices, meets and swim team functions, on time and prepared
- Work with head coach to establish a plan for growth and progression of swimmers in your age group
- Ensure that practices and activities are conducted with safety in mind for all participants
- Work with Head Coach to create line-ups for weekly meets throughout season and become familiar with Hy-Tek software
- Submit accurate timecards on time as directed by head coach
- Keep an accurate record of all swimmers’ times in your age group
- Meet with other coaches to plan weekly themes and events for season
- Communicate regularly and appropriately with team members and parents, especially for your age group
- Communicate with head coach and other coaches as needed for scheduling and coordinating team activities and schedules
- Assist with set-up and clean-up for all home meets
- Assist with opening pool for morning practices, ensuring safe water conditions and overseeing set-up of necessary equipment as appropriate as well as helping to clean up pool office and other areas following daily practices
- Work to maintain equipment in good working order
This position is to be paid on an hourly basis at a rate to be determined based on experience.
Any questions may be directed to the Stingrays Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.