Cross Plains Stingrays Swim Team
HELPER COACH JOB DESCRIPTION 2020
Mission Statement: The Cross Plains Stingrays is a recreational summer program that promotes a love of swimming and a sense of community for all youth. From Memorial Day through the end of July the team offers competitive opportunities that challenge individuals and encourage growth. Weekly themes and fun days encourage team building and team spirit with a focus on good sportsmanship.
As a helper coach, you are a representative of the Cross Plains Stingrays and should act responsibly at all times, treating others with respect following our team code of conduct.
A helper coach must have a competitive swimming background, good communication and organizational skills, and a desire and passion for working with and developing swimmers of all ages. They must be enthusiastic and highly motivated, and have a desire to collaborate with other coaches, working under the leadership of the head coach and assistant coaches. Helper coaches work to challenge swimmers to improve and have fun together.
Primary responsibility: to work with head coach and assistant coaches, assisting with the assigned age groups to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all swimmers
- Attend all assigned practices, meets and swim team functions, on time and prepared
- Work in collaboration with head coach and assistant coaches to carry out the established plan for growth and progression of swimmers in age groups
- Ensure that practices and activities are conducted with safety in mind for all participants
- Create a positive environment that encourages fun and learning
- Communicate appropriately with swimmers and parents as needed
- Communicate with head coach and other coaches as needed for scheduling and coordinating team activities and schedules
- Assist with set-up and clean-up for all home meets
- Assist with ensuring safe water conditions and overseeing set-up of necessary equipment as appropriate as well as helping to clean up pool office and other areas following daily practices
- Work to maintain equipment in good working order
This position is volunteer and is intended to give coaching experience to those who would eventually like to apply for an assistant coach position.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age by July 31, 2020.
Any questions may be directed to The Stingrays Board at email@example.com.