Bluefish Blast - June 22, 2020
Hello Bluefish Swim Team Families.
Practice schedule for the start of our 2020 season is below. Also, attached to this email is the required Waiver to be completed and brought to the first practice. Practices start tomorrow! Please read through this entire email.
- To accommodate the Covid Guidelines, requirements under the relevant Executive Orders, and the safety of our swimmers, there will be 2 practice groups named after our Deer Brook colors, Blue and White. Please click the link for your child's designated practice time and days. There are two tabs on the document, one for each practice group. You will see a Monday/Wednesday/Friday group (Blue) and a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday group (White).
- Please note that the schedule is subject to change. Due to the large number of swimmers and practice sessions, we cannot accommodate practice requests.
- All registered swimmers have been assigned lanes regardless of whether they club swim or not. The coaches want you to know that while club swimmers practicing with their club teams are always welcome to attend Deer Brook practice and there will be a spot for you, the coaches do not recommend swimmers attend both club and DB practices in the same morning.
Returning to Practice Protocols
Please take a moment to review the below materials so that all swimmers know what to expect when arriving at practice:
- Deer Brook Swim Team Practice Prep Guide: this attachment is an explanation on how your swimmer will enter and exit the club and pool areas along with a list of protocols to follow during practice. Take the time today to review this with your swimmer.
- Welcome Back to Deerbrook Swim video: this video will give your swimmer a visual on how to enter and exit the club and pool areas.
- Waiver is required to be completed and turned in at the entrance on the first day of practice.
- Team Practice Dismissal: as in previous years, at the close of practice, your swimmer will be dismissed. Please be prompt for pickup or make sure that your swimmer promptly leaves the premises.
The Booster Committee is excited to start the season. Coaches Andrew, Meg and Laura thank you for all of your patience as we progress through this unique season safely together and look forward to seeing the White practice session group tomorrow!!