HOME MEETS - Please arrive at the pool by 6:45 a.m. At this time, you may set up and get swimmers ready for warm ups.
- When you find out what events your child is swimming, it is helpful to write the event and # on their arm with a black Sharpie.
- Heat sheets will be available for purchase at the concession stand. Bring a highlighter to mark your child(ren)'s events.
- Events will be announced over the speaker system well in advance of each race start.
- Between races, swimmers hang out with friends and do calm activities to save energy and stay out of the sun.
AWARDS: At home meets, our top 6 swimmers in each event are awarded ribbons. Exhibition swimmers in 8 and under and 9-10 age groups are awarded participation ribbons. No ribbons are given for DQ's (DQ = disqualified for stroke/start/finish infractions). *Most other teams award ribbons for only the top 3 places, so when we swim away meets, your child will likely only receive ribbons for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place finishes. Conference has different awards - see below.
Because Pool Sharks is a volunteer organization, we ask that all families volunteers at home meets. Please click on link above to find out about volunteer jobs. Parent volunteers are essential to making home meets run smoothly. Our volunteerism also shows our swimmers the importance of giving back and how much we care!
AWAY MEETS - Please arrive at the pool by 6:45 a.m. At this time, you may set up and get swimmers ready for warm ups. Pool locations are located in the Information TAB on this website.
PARENTS PLEASE NOTE: IT TAKES 250 WORK HOURS TO RUN A MEET...All swimmer's families are required to have one family member VOLUNTEER at home meets that your child swims. Sign-up will be online on the website. Training will be provided! Your $100 deposit will be returned at the end of the summer if volunteer requirements are met.
Swimmers and parents are asked to assist in cleaning up their areas prior to departure from home and away meets. Meets are usually over by noon.
Parents please remember that you are responsible for your children's behavior at all meets and practices (CODE OF CONDUCT). Please monitor your child(ren) when they are not swimming.
- All away meets are held at outdoor pools.
- Indoor facilities are used only under inclement weather conditions.
- Premium deck space is generally limited, so swim teams are assigned to a specific area outside the pool.
- Swimmers assigned area is always outdoors and on the ground.
- Spectators may want to bring easy ups, tents, chairs, blankets, etc., as seating for spectators is also limited.
Transportation for away meets must be provided by parents. No buses will be provided. Please arrive to away meet pools by 6:45 a.m. for warm ups and set up.
WHAT TO BRING
Please label ALL CLOTHING, TOWELS, BAGS, etc., as it all looks alike! Dress according to
the weather. Early meets can be chilly in Wisconsin so consider bringing the following:
- Small tent or easy up
- Sleeping bag and/or blankets
- Warm clothes
- Games, books, and cards
- Extra towels
- Two pairs of goggles
- Extra swim caps
Order Of Events: Girls Event # / age group / EVENT / Distance / Boys Event #
Girls #1 8 & U Medley Relay 200 #2 Boys
3 9-10 Medley Relay 200 4
5 11-12 Medley Relay 200 6
7 13-14 Medley Relay 200 8
9 15-18 Medley Relay 200 10
11 8 & U Freestyle 25 12
13 9-10 Freestyle 50 14
15 11-12 Freestyle 50 16
17 13-14 Freestyle 50 18
19 15-18 Freestyle 50 20
21 8 & U Backstroke 25 22
23 9-10 Backstroke 50 24
25 11-12 Backstroke 50 26
27 13-14 Backstroke 50 28
29 15-18 Backstroke 50 30
31 9-10 IM 100 32
33 11-12 IM 100 34
35 13-14 IM 100 36
37 15-18 IM 100 38
39 8 & U Breaststroke 25 40
41 9-10 Breaststroke 50 42
43 11-12 Breaststroke 50 44
45 13-14 Breaststroke 50 46
47 15-18 Breaststroke 50 48
49 8 & U Long Freestyle 55 50
51 9-10 Long Freestyle 100 52
53 11-12 Long Freestyle 100 54
55 13-14 Long Freestyle 200 56
57 15-18 Long Freestyle 200 58
59 8 & U Butterfly 25 60
61 9-10 Butterfly 50 62
63 11-12 Butterfly 50 64
65 13-14 Butterfly 50 66
67 15-18 Butterfly 50 68
69 8 & U Freestyle Relay 100 70
71 9-10 Freestyle Relay 200 72
73 11-12 Freestyle Relay 200 74
75 13-14 Freestyle Relay 200 76
77 15-18 Freestyle Relay 200 78
*Teams can, in advance, agree to alter the order of swim events to permit 8 and under freestyle relays to be rescheduled prior to the IM events. When Sauk Prairie hosts, we usually elect to move up the 8 and under free relays. This allows our youngest swimmers to leave earlier, when they're finished with their last event.
The Conference Meet is the grand finale! All 8 teams in the Tri-County Conference come together for this meet. It is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday following the last meet; the last full weekend in July. It is an exciting way to end the season. Swimmers will be selected for the Conference meet based on COMPETITIVE TIMES so that the Pool Sharks have our most competitive line up for the meet. Each team is allowed a maximum of 3 swimmers per individual event and 2 relay teams in each boys and girls age group. There are no exhibition events at Conference. Participation in the conference meet is not mandatory, but to be eligible to swim at Conference, the swimmer must be have swum in at least 3 dual meets. Swimmers must be available both Saturday and Sunday.
The Saturday of Conference is only individual events. It will follow the same order of events as a dual meet without the relays: Free, Back, IM, *break* then Breast, Long Free, and Fly. On Sunday, relays and finals for individual events are held. Individual finals includes the top 16 times from Saturday, plus 2 alternates, in each event, boys and girls, per age group. In individual events, medals are awarded for the top 3 places and ribbons are awarded to 4th-16th place. In relays, medals are awarded to the top 6 and ribbons for 7th-16th place. More information about the conference meet will be available in July.
The Tri-County Conference maintains a web site @ http://www.tricountyswimming.net/
WHAT TO EAT
- All meets offer food services and concessions.
- Swimmers should not, however, consume food or drink during the 45 minutes to 1 hour before a swimming event.
- Foods to avoid: food containing sugar and chocolate, greasy foods, junk food, carbonated drinks, and milk.
- A light breakfast is suggested before the meet - fruit, fruit juice, toast and yogurt are all good foods for breakfast.
- Eat a light breakfast at least 1 hour before a home meet and/or entering the water for warm-ups. Snacking during a meet is okay if that snack is fruit, fruit juice or something other than junk food.