USA Water Polo membership
USA Water Polo USA Water Polo, Inc. is the national governing body for water polo in America , overseeing our United States Olympic program as well as 20 different championship events annually, such as the National Junior Olympics, Men’s and Women’s National Championships, and Masters Open Championships. With more than 35,000 members, USAWP is also the sanctioning authority for more than 400 tournaments nationwide. USAWP is committed to the development of the sport nationwide. It fosters grass-roots expansion of the sport, providing a national system of affiliated clubs, certified coaches and officials
Why do I need to sign up for USA Water Polo?
All Triumph Aquatics athletes are required to be members of USAWP. Membership covers the athlete's insurance at all practices and USAWP competition. Only registered members can participate in USAWP sanctioned tournaments.
- GOLD: "Elite" athlete membership; eligible for ALL USAWP athlete activity, including club practices, sanctioned events, National Championship Events (i.e. Junior Olympics) and all Olympic Development Program (ODP) participation including Zone Teams and ODP National Championships.
- SILVER: "Enhanced" athlete membership; eligible for club practices, local and regional sanctioned leagues and tournaments, and ODP Camps only (excluding Holiday Camp). Not eligible for participation in National Championship events (i.e. Junior Olympics, ODP Zone Team or Holiday Camp). Exception: Masters Nationals allows Silver membership. Eligible to upgrade membership within current membership year only.
- BRONZE: "Basic" athlete membership; eligible for club practices, local/regional league play, SplashBall, some local sanctioned tournaments. Not eligible for participation in National Championship events (i.e Junior Olympics), any ODP program, and some sanctioned tournaments. Eligible to upgrade membership within current membership year only.
- COLLEGE/YOUNG PROFESSIONAL: For college or post college members ages 18* - 25 years old; includes gold athlete privileges. *Athletes age 18 must submit paper membership form and show proof of current college enrollment to qualify. Not intended for JO participation.
- HERITAGE: Noncompetitive membership for 18-25 year olds, including recent high school graduates. Allows athletes to continue to be part of online community network, invitations to social and networking events, merchandise, play opportunities, discounts to Team USA games and more.
- TRIAL ATHLETE: "Beginner" athlete membership; eligible for club practices only. The trial membership is for first-time USAWP athletes ONLY. This one-time, 14-day membership is free to the member.