EXPECTATIONS FOR PARENTS
When a child swims on a swim team it requires a lot of participation by the parents. Unlike other sports we need every family to participate in order for the season to be a success. For this reason, a family that joins the Serpent Swim Team has the following requirements:
- Help swimmer(s) attend the minimum 3 Serpent practices per week. (more info)
- Volunteer for 8 services hours in a season. (more info)
- Help swimmer(s) participate in a minimum of 3 meets (more info)
- All swimmers must compete in our team suit and cap (more info)
OTHER HELPFUL INFO
SWIM SUITS AND CAPS
- All swimmers are expected to compete our team suit and cap.
- Families should purchase these items at registration in order for us to receive them prior to our first meet.
- We will provide suits to try on for sizing at walk in registration.
- We will wear the same suit as last season (2017)
- We will have a new 2018 swim cap with a new logo
- Cap personalization is an option, with a fee, if ordered at registration.
- All 12 and under swimmers receive a ribbon for each event they swim.
- 13 and older swimmers receive ribbons in events they place 6th or better.
- The file boxes are on deck during practices for you to collect your ribbons and other correspondence.
SERPENT WEBSITE - www.chesapeakeserpents.com
Our team website is hosted by Team Unify and is the main source of information about our team.
On this site you can: register for the team, order suits & caps, update information, email the team rep, get meet locations, sign up for volunteer positions at meets, accept/decline your swimmer(s) meet attendance.
PHONE ALERT SYSTEM
Our team uses a phone alert system to notify the team of practice cancellations and other important information.
Please provide/verify your cell phone number and cell phone provider during registration so we are able to notify you.