What are my Swim lesson options for the 2020 swim season?
Guppies Swim Program
The Guppy program is designed to give the 2 to 3 1/2 year old child with some pool exposure an opportunity to enjoy the water though play and positive experiences. The goal of this program is to familiarize the child with the water and learn beginning skills that will enhance their ability to progress in the water as they get older and develop physically. Each child will be evaluated by skill level and will build upon that. Guppies is a small group environment without parent involvement in the water.
Guppies is a 5 week program every Tuesday and Thursday beginning June 9th to July 18th. REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN Saturday, April 18 during LTS registration.
* No lessons June 30th or July 2nd
* 25 minute group class
* Lesson times - 1:00 PM to 1:25PM
* Cost for the Guppy program $175.00
* 2019 Guppies are welcome to repeat the program. (If age appropriate)
Click HERE for more information the Registration Form for the 2020 Guppies Program
Registration for Guppies and Learn to Swim will be on Saturday, April 18th. 9:00am-11:30am
To register for guppies or LTS on April 18th, you must sign up for a specific registration time slot earlier on 4/18. A clip board will be posted at the pool gate at 7:00am on 4/18. Choose a time to come back and register for LTS and Guppies between 9-11:30am
REGISTRATION IS A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
Dynamite Swim Program
The Del Amigo Swim Team offers a fun, non-competitive swim lesson program designed for the 4 to 6 year old child who is ready to discover their swimming talents in a non-competitive, positive small group environment. (Must be 4 years old by 6/8/20) 2019 Dynamites are eligible to participate again this year.
Dynamites is overseen by Janet Herman and coached by team staff. The goals for your child will be to foster a love for the water, teach body control, streamline, side breathing, freestyle 25 yards, back float, back stroke, butterfly kick, butterfly swim, diving and to meet new friends.
The Dynamite Program runs from June 8th to July 21st
Practice times will be from 12:30 to 1:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. No lessons the week of June 29-July 3
The season ending swim meet will be on July 21st at 12:30PM.
In order to be eligible for this program each child must be evaluated on either Monday, April 13th OR Tuesday April 14th at 1:00 p.m. at the Del Amigo pool.
Click here for Dynamites registration form which is turned in at one of the below listed evaluation dates.
What is Evaluation day? Your child needs to be evaluated in the water to determine what level they are at, so they can be placed in the appropriate group.
Evaluation Dates: April 13th or April 14th at 1pm at Del Amigo.
Del Amigo Pool Association Summer 2020 Learn To Swim Instruction Program
Welcome to Del Amigo Pool Association’s Learn-To-Swim program. The Learn To Swim program is for DAPA members and their children. LTS is designed to provide achievable levels of instruction and motivation for children in basic swimming skills that will allow children to participate safely in water fun activities. This year we continue to offer private, one-on-one swim lessons. We are confident the children will have a wonderful learning experience this summer.
2020 Learn-To-Swim Lesson Schedule:
- May 11, 2020 to May 29, 2020 – Mon, Wed, Fri (mornings 9 to 11AM)
- June 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020 – Mon., Wed., Fri. (afternoons -1 to 4 PM)
- June 2, 2020 – July 30, 2020 - Tues. & Thurs., (evenings 5 to 7 PM)
- All lessons will be private and 25 minutes in length.
- Fee: $30 each 25 minute lesson.
- Sign-ups will be on a first come, first serve basis. Sorry, no phone or mail-in sign-ups can be accepted.
- April 18, 2020 7:00AM sign up sheet will be posted at DAPA for registration time slots. Registration will begin at 9:00 AM and end at 11:00 AM
- Fees are due at time of registration.
- Please choose your dates carefully as there are no refunds.
- Lessons can be rescheduled within a 48 hour deadline and only according to available time slots and with instructor’s approval.
- All lessons are subject to time and instructor availability.
- Additional lessons may be scheduled after the April 18, 2020 initial sign-up by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for LTS registration form and more info on LTS.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.