Meet Entry for Swimmers
- Both parents & swimmers are responsible for meet entry.
- The weekly deadline to enter a meet is 12 a.m. midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning.
- Click on Event Schedule, then click on the meet you want to enter & follow the instructions.
- Swimmers may participate in up to five events each meet -- three individual events & two relays.
- Each swimmer may sign-up for up to three individual events.
- Each Sunday, coaches select relay teams based on who signs up to participate in the meet.
- Coaches are the final authority regarding meet line-ups, both individual and relay events.
- Swimmers’ scheduled events will be announced at practice the day before the meet.
- At 5 p.m. at meets, swimmers must check-in with coaches & be ready to swim warm-ups immediately.
- Coaches, or junior coaches, will distribute each swimmer's schedule of events on an index card. This is how coaches know who is available to swim. This is very important in case coaches need to make changes to relay teams.
- Meets are scheduled to begin promptly at 6 p.m. & by VSL rules must begin no later than 7 p.m. Meets consist of a total of 62 total individual and relay events, and must end by 10 p.m. Every parent helps make this happen by arriving no later than 5 p.m.
- If a swimmer leaves without checking in with coach and misses a relay, the swimmer may NOT swim on any relays the remainder of the season.