Head Coach, Michelle Blanton
- Head Coach of Vienna Woods 2014-present
- YORK Swim Team coach 2009-present
- Potomac Valley Head Zone Coach, Short Course, 2017
- Potomac Valley Assistant Zone Coach, Short Course, 2015-16
- Since 1989, has combined coaching experiences for NVSL, PMSL and military swim teams.
- Former Head Coach of High Point, Little Hunting Park, Mansion House, Severn Crossing, Bolling Air Force Base and Sasebo, Japan Swim Teams.
A home-grown product of NVSL, Michelle learned how to swim "late" at the ripe old age of 10. Within 2 years she was swimming for local PVS teams, and within 4 years she found herself coached by none other than Greg York at her first Zone Championship - just a stepping stone on the fun and rewarding swimming path she forged for herself (with the help of some of the greatest coaches EVER!)
Despite enjoying National Level status, NVSL All-Star Champion medals and multiple CAA wins at James Madison University, Michelle remains sentimental when discussing developmental swimming: "Swimming is a sport that builds more than strong bodies. It teaches discipline, molds character, fosters responsibility, and forges friendships that can last a lifetime."
Michelle stresses the importance of learning the fundamentals early and correctly. The more technically sound your stroke, the easier it is to get across the pool. And who doesn’t want to get across the pool faster?!? Efficiency not only decreases your times, it also decreases your risk of injury. Michelle's ultimate goal is help foster sportsmanship, enthusiasm and love of sport in the young athletes she coaches.
Assistant Coaches: Reilly Blanton, Eddie Burrows and Jules McHenry
Junior Coaches: Sophia Brown, PJ Pearson and Jack Peterson
Mini-Star Coach: Megan Rourke