Packing List for OHR
Be prepared for sun/rain/wind/hot/cold!
Over the years I would say in general, our athlete are great at packing. One specific area where we continually have issues is with regards to adequate warm clothing and adequate changes of clothing. This is Eastern Europe, in the fall. It can be really pleasant in the afternoon, that being said, the last couple of OHR’s it’s been cold and wet, pack accordingly with layers and a change for both on and off of the water!
Important ‘Must Bring’:
- Paddle (in protective case)
- Prescription medicines in original prescription packaging (please let me know if any & bring supply for 10+ days)
- Cash and/or some combination of cash and credit or debit cards.
- A good attitude!
For the Race Course:
- Knee Blocks (with cage/plate and screws or other materials needed to attach to floorboard (Velcro, grip tape, etc)
- Spray Skirt (if you have one)
- Seat Pad (if you have one/use one)
- Seat (if you are very particular about a high back or low back, bring your own or be prepared to deal with what is in the rentals.
- Foot brace (if you are very particular about your foot brace it’s always safer to bring your own or be prepared to deal with what is in the rentals.
- Your Nike Team USA uniform kit:
- Paddling gear to wear during training, prior to race days, tops and bottoms.
- 2 x Reusable Water Bottle
- Sunscreen, Lip Balm with SPF
- Electrical Tape & Duct Tape
- Watch or GPS for Practice
- Sandals and Running Shoes
- Specific snacks that you need for racing**
- Hat or baseball cap or visor, Sunglasses (Coordinate with Team Boat partner(s) for matching clothing layers & accessories)
- Weather appropriate layering to wear under race jersey and shorts (research weather)
- Change of clothes for between races and travel to and from venue.
Clothes and things for off race course:
- Jeans/Pants/Shirts as you feel for sightseeing & studying in the hotel non racing days.
- Clothes for variable weather!
- Personal necessities/toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, feminine products, contacts/glasses etc)
- Phone and charger, portable battery is highly recommended.
- International outlet plug adaptor (do your research)
- School work/laptop/charger/etc
- Entertainment for the flight & hotel/rest time (books, movies, etc)
- Spending money for:
- Meals while traveling
- Purchasing snacks
- Purchasing souvenirs
- Luggage/baggage fees
- Purchasing paddling equipment from venue vendors
**Please pack plenty of your favorite protein bars/meal replacements (non perishable) just in case you are not fond of Slovakian cuisine**