Lakeridge Swim Team 2020 -
April 9, 2020: The swim team season is currently in flux - just like the rest of the world! - due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Greater Seattle Summer Swim League board is meeting frequently to assess the situation and make determinations on the 2020 summer swim season. Based on the current situation, there appear to be three potential scenarios for the upcoming season:
Option 1 - pools open and practices start by June 15th; season would operate on the current schedule
Option 2 - pools open and practices are able to start by July 6th, with an abbreviated dual meet season
Option 3 - no competetive season if practices cannot start by July 6th, but perhaps still an abbreviated practice schedule with intrasquad meets if permitted by state/local guidelines
We will update this page and send e-mails as we know more.
Stay hopeful, stay healthy, stay 6 feet apart for now!
Patty & Jen
Lakeridge Swim Team 2019 - Fast Facts
- Season Overview
- Our Coaches:
- Darla Long
- Brennon Ham
- Tim Wetzel
- Sadie McCann
- Coaching Philosophy: balance between social skills and swim skills
- Practice expectations: come as often as possible, 4 times a week is ideal, communicate with coaches if your swimmer will have an extended absence.
- How, when and who to contact with questions: Coaches tab on Team Unify (TU) has emails; before & after practice when they are not responsible for swimmers. And parent reps, any time!
- Stroke & turn clinics will be held a few times this season - will get information out on the bulletin board, TU e-mails, and Facebook (FB)
- Speedy 6ers – do not travel to away meets (4 home meets, plus Speedy 6ers Southern Division meet); swim for personal time improvements
- Themes for each home meet – captains decide and advertise beforehand
- Buddies - Bigs help Littles (8&U swimmers) at each meet over the season.
- Regular Season meets: 7 total; 4 home meets; 3 away meets this summer; post on FB or bulletin board for carpools
- BYE Week: No meets the week of July 1st, but practices as usual
- B Champs – Another chance for kids to try and make prelims or just celebrate the end of the season with a final meet!
- Post-Season meets: Boys & Girls Prelims, Southern and All City For swimmers who have made prelim qualifying times at regular meets or B-Champs; must be able to commit to all post-season meets
- Qualifying Times for post-season are posted on TU, FB and bulletin board..
- How to write events on swimmers’ arms: E = Event , H = Heat, L = Lane #
- Swimmers sit together to build team spirit and cheer each other on, and it makes it easier for coaches and buddies to find swimmers
- Special Events at Lakeridge
- Optional Clinics on June 8th and 9th with coaches, sign up on TU ($15/kid)
- Mock Meet & Team Potluck on June 15th (9:00 AM start; swimmers arrive at 8:15 AM for warm-ups at 8:30 AM)
- Picture Day and Pancake Breakfast on July 17th, info posted on TU and FB
- Boys Prelims on July 30th, we are hosting and need lots of volunteers!
- Swim Team Banquet on August 7th, 6-9 PM: need volunteers for a slideshow and to help organize. Best night of the year!
- Team Unify: www.swimlsc.org
- Registration – going well, lots of swimmers! Andrea Fasullo is our outgoing volunteer running registration & line-ups (with coaches)
- Meet Sign-Ups: Done on TU, please commit/decline 24+ hours before meet (you can make notes to the coaches about swimmers’ preferred events here)
- Job SignUp – we need all families to sign up for volunteer work; sign up on TU. We promise you will have fun and still get to see the swims!!
- Buy swim caps at the pool office (required for meets).
- Volunteer Opportunities – Sign Up Online at TU for Home Meets
- We need up to 70 Volunteers per meet – 2 shifts – please sign up on TU!
- Jobs Include:
- 2 timers per lane – sign-ups online (no training, front row for races!)
- Stroke and Turn Judges (training available)
- Runners – 2 per meet (two shifts)
- Ribbons (at home meets, and day after all meets)
- Concessions –help Aaron during the meet
- Famous Lakeridge Noodles – need volunteers for home meets (5 total)
- Concessions Prep – slice and dice at home prior to meet
- Set Up & Clean Up
- Computer – need one more person to cross-train/job share
- Meet photographers! Sign up to take pictures during the meet
- Team Unify - Sign-ups for all meets & volunteer shifts, general information, www.swimlsc.org
- Swim Team bulletin board
- Team Facebook page - A closed page with lots of info and a resource for carpooling - https://www.facebook.com/groups/lakeridgeswimteam/
- Buddies – Coaches will assign 8&U swimmers with veteran swimmers – list will be out by our Mock Meet
- Coaches & Coordinators: Patty or Jen for general information/assistance; Andrea for team registration; head coaches for meet sign-ups/special requests (put note in TU when you RSVP for the meet).
- Safety Reminder
- Please make sure your swimmer has necessary medications at all practices and meets, and pertinent medical information is on file with coaches. J
Patty Pearson, parent rep/team co-coordinator, [email protected], 206-979-4191
Jen Crisera, parent rep/team co-coordinator, [email protected], 206-849-5530
Andrea Fasullo, registrar & (outgoing!) computer coordinator, [email protected]