Our 2018 Parent Meeting will be on Friday, May 18th at 6PM
Notes From our 2017 Parent Meeting: Tuesday May 23, 2017 @ 5:30 PM on Pool Deck
- Intro of our three coaches (check on the Coaches tab on the TU site for bios & emails):
- Nate Burdick: Co-Head Coach
- Karla Ruff: Co-Head Coach
- Darla Long: Assistant Coach
- Meg Hill: Junior Coach
- Coaching Philosophy: balance between social skills and swim skills
- Practice expectations: come as often as possible, hopefully 4 days a week; communicate with coaches if your swimmer will have an extended absence (especially a full week, including meets)
- How, when and who to contact with questions: Coaches tab on TU site as emails; before & after practice when they are not responsible for the swimmers in the water.
- Speedy 6ers – do not travel to away meets (4 home meets only, plus Speedy 6ers Southern Division Champs); swim against LSC only for personal time improvements
- Spirit days/themes for each home meet – Captains decide and advertise through emails, etc.
- Regular season meets: 7 total; 4 home meets; 3 away meets this summer; two meets (Marine Hills and Twin Lakes are in Federal Way so plan accordingly for travel)
- B Champs & Speedy 6ers – final meets for 6ers and 7 & ups who do not make prelim qualifying times
- Post season meets (Boys & Girls Prelims, Southern and All City): For swimmers who have make prelim qualifying times; make sure you can commit to all post season meets
- Qualifying Times for Post Season are posted on TU site, and they will also be posted on the swim team bulletin board at the pool.
- How to Write-up events on swimmers’ arms with a sharpie: E = Event # , H = Heat #, L = Lane #
- Coaches expect swimmers to sit together at meets encourage team spirit and make it easier for coaches to find swimmers.
- Meet the Coaches Pool Party – Friday, June 2nd, 5-7 PM
- Inter-Squad Meet – Saturday, June 17th, 8 -11 am
- Team Breakfast – mid-July (likely June 21) – date will be advertised via email soon
- Picture Day: Friday, June 30th from 8-10 AM; team photo from 9-9:30 AM
- End of Season Banquet – Wednesday, August 2, 6-9 PM: need volunteers to help organize; all swimmers recognized; awards given for fast swimming, team spirit, effort/perseverance, volunteer recognition, coaches recognition, etc.
- Registration – going well, 128 swimmers so far! Andrea Fasullo is our parent volunteer running registration & swim meet line-ups (with coaches)
- Meet Sign-Up Information: look for an email in early June with details
- Job SignUp – all families must sign up for 5-6 shifts of volunteer work; sign up on the TU site now
- Order team suits on the TU site & buy caps at the pool office (only caps are required for meets; blue/black suits are fine)
Volunteer Opportunities – Sign Up Online for Home Meets
70 Volunteers per meet – shifts 1 and 2 – please sign up on the TU site now!
- Starter/Announcer – official – Al Nance
- 2 timers per lane – sign ups online (no training required, it’s easy!); in need of a head timer(s)
- Stroke and Turn Judges (training available) – Russ Woodruff is head official
- Runners – 2 per meet (two shifts)
- Ribbons (at home meets, and day after all meets)
- Computer/Data Input – Andrea
- Concessions –Kelli – sign ups online - especially Lakeridge Noodles!
- Concessions Prep – slice and dice at home prior to meet
- Set Up & Clean Up
- Team Unify
- Swim team board
- Buddy Families – Coaches will be assigning new/younger swimmers with veteran swimmers
- Coaches & Coordinators: Emma/new team rep for general information/assistance; Andrea for registration and swim meet sign-ups; coaches’ emails under the Coaches tab on the TU home page.