For the most up-to-date information, please follow our blog
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Opening Day May 13
Spring Pool Hours - *During practice one lap lane plus ‘free-play’ areas will be available for non-team usage.
Monday thru Friday Open Swim 2:30 - 8:30 pm Swim Team 4:30 - 7:15 pm*
Saturday Open Swim 12 - 8:30 pm
Sunday Open Swim 12 - 8:30 pm
Weekday Morning Swim Lessons – Member sign-ups begin on opening day at 2:00pm.
Sessions: 1) 6/25-7/6 2) 7/9-7/20 3) 7/23-8/3 4) 8/6-8/17 5) 8/20-8/31
Two-weeks of half-hour classes start at 10:15, 10:45, 11:15, 11:45 & 12:15. Members $70 / Non-Members $95
Non-Member sign-ups begin Saturday, May 26 at noon.
Pool Rules 2018 (Policies, Procedures and No-Nos)
These rules have been established by the Board of Trustees of Lakeridge Swim Club to assure safe operation of the pool facilities for the protection and benefit of all members and guests.
These rules may be amended from time to time. Please keep this notice available during the season for ready reference. Feel free to advise staff of any suggestions for rules.
Safety & Security
1. The General Manager, the Assistant Manager, and the Lifeguards shall be in charge of the activities of all members and guests on the pool property.
2. Members shall be responsible for damage to club property by their families or their guests. Members are responsible for guest behavior and adherence to all pool rules.
3. The club is not responsible for loss of personal property. Do not leave valuables unattended or in locker rooms.
Do not leave anything visible in your car – lock things in your trunk or leave them at home.
4. Only on-duty employees are allowed in the office or in the filter/chlorine rooms.
5. Smoking or ‘vaping’ is not allowed on pool property. This is to provide a smoke-free facility for our membership, and to comply with Washington State Law.
1. The Lifeguards control all safety matters, regardless of the rules. Listen to them and obey their requests.
2. The Manager or Lifeguard has the right to remove any swimmer for inappropriate conduct or actions. Disciplinary actions may be enforced if verbal warnings are issued and not followed: Time out of the pool; Out of pool for the rest of the day; Suspended for a week.
3. Inappropriate behavior, profanity, disrespect or non-family-friendly behavior may result in being denied use of the facilities. Dangerous behaviors will not be allowed at any time.
Babies, Small Children & Kids Under 18
1. All children wearing a disposable swim diaper are required to wear snug-fitting, re-usable swim pants over the diaper.
Children under 4 (and those not potty-trained) MUST wear both a disposable and a re-usable swim diaper. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Be sure to let guests know of this policy. Swim diapers are available in the office for $10.00.
2. Children age 13 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult (age 18 and over) at all times.
3. Members under the age of 18 are limited to four (4) guests at one time unless accompanied by a responsible adult age 18 or over.
4. Guest passes expire at the end of each swim season and are not transferable to other accounts.
5. Hourly Pool-Clears may be called for staff safety & rest breaks. Children under the age of 10 and their parents will be asked to clear the pool in order to take a break, use the restroom and give parents an opportunity to check and change babies’ diapers.
Guests must be accompanied by a member at check-in and pay the $7.50 guest fee, or use a guest pass. Discounted guest passes are available in books of 10 for $60.00.
Due to insurance regulations, guest fees are required whether or not the guest uses the pool or tennis facilities, including babies and grandparents.
Each child guest will be issued a wrist-band to signify their swimming ability. Phone numbers for children whose parents are not in attendance must be provided
a. Strong swimmers will receive a wrist-band allowing full pool usage.
b. A ‘Non-swimmer’ (or a child who has not passed the swim test) must stay where they can stand with their head above water AND be within arm’s-reach of an adult.
All ‘Non-swimmer’ children (members & non-members) must be WITH an adult in deep water.
Children with a “Non-swimmer” wristband must pass a swim test to be allowed in the deep water unattended.
1. The test consists of swimming one (1) length of the pool without stopping or gaining assistance.
2. Please see office staff to take the test, not a lifeguard currently on duty.
Due to insurance regulations, artificial swimming aids are not allowed, i.e. life jackets, water wings, kick boards, flotation bathing suits, ‘noodles’, wet or dry suits, etc.
Face masks, snorkels and flippers are allowed if they are used properly.
Kick boards and pull buoys may be used in the lap lanes only.
Please do not swim thru lap lanes to gain access to steps – collisions hurt!
Courtesy rules – Alert those already swimming you’ll be joining. Two may split a lane, three or more circle swim, please.
1. Lap lanes are for lap swimmers only.
2. During summer hours, from 5-7 p.m., lap lanes are for adult swimmers and swim team only, as needed.
3. Please ask office staff if another lap lane is needed, not the lifeguards currently on duty in the chair.
1. If a member wishes to bring 10-39 guests, the staff must be notified ten days in advance, a rental agreement must be filled out and a deposit paid.
2. Parties of 40 or more must reserve the pool for a private rental. Private rentals are held during times that the pool is not open to members and must be scheduled with the General Manager at least ten days in advance, a rental agreement must be filled out and a deposit paid.
Tennis & Pickleball
Tennis and pickleball lessons and tournaments have priority over regular play.
1. Tennis shoes only. NO BARE FEET, NO FLIP-FLOPS, NO CLEATS, NO 'WHEELIES'.
2. Reservations can be made in the office. Reservations may expire within 10 minutes after the hour if a “no show” and forfeits their reservation. Each member family is limited to one reservation per weekend.
3. Please keep court area clean – no food on courts, especially no pop or gum.
4. Sportsmanlike conduct is required at all times and children under 10 must be supervised.
5. Playing time is limited to two sets or one hour. Please clear the court if anyone is waiting to play.
6. Do not try to retrieve lost balls from over the neighbor’s fence.
7. Only four people per court are allowed. Those not playing must be outside the court areas.
8. Do not climb over, lean on or strike net. Do not strike court surface with racquet or any other object. Members are responsible for damage incurred by their guests.
Cleanliness & Sanitation
1. Shower with soap before entering the pool.
2. No shoes, food or drinks are allowed in the pool or gutter areas.
3. No gum chewing on the pool deck or in the water.
4. NO GLASS containers of any type allowed anywhere on pool grounds. Ever.
5. No alcohol is allowed on the pool premises during normal operating hours. LSC is not a liquor licensed facility. A ‘banquet permit’ and manager permission are required for after-hour parties.
6. Tables and BBQ grills are shared by all. Please clean grill and table area for next guest use, pick up all your debris and place in the garbage and recycle cans.
7. Persons with skin abrasions, colds, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, infections or bandages are not allowed in the pool. NO BAND AIDS allowed.
8. Spitting, blowing the nose, or depositing any foreign matter into the pool is prohibited.
9. Proper bathing suits are required. ‘Brazilian’ or thong-type swimsuits are not allowed.
10. No one is allowed to be nude, in the water or on deck, regardless of age. Diapers must be changed in the locker room. Changing tables are provided in both the mens’ and the womens’ restrooms.
11. No radios shall be used except when connected to earphones so that it is audible to the individual user only.
12. No children over the age of 6 permitted in the opposite gender’s restroom. Parents, please check on your children if they seem 'delayed' while using the restroom.
13. Park all bicycles in bike area. No riding of bicycles or other vehicles on the pool deck or tennis court.
14. No pets allowed within the fenced area. If your pet waits for you outside the fence, please clean up after it.
1. Dive Tank:
a. One person at a time and one bounce only allowed on diving board.
b. Dive from board straight off the end. Do not dive towards side wall.
c. Flips and back dives are for experienced divers only.
d. Swim directly to ladder after diving, and exit pool at ladder or on ladder side wall.
e. Do not swim under the diving board, hang on the board or exit pool from back dive tank wall.
2. Only foot-first entries in 3-5 foot areas. No head-first diving unless in dive tank.
3. Lane lines are markers only - please do not sit or pull on them. Please go under rather than over them.
4. Running, wrestling, dunking or other horseplay is prohibited. “Chicken-fights”, sitting on, or diving from another’s shoulders are not allowed. The staff has the right to restrict games and the use of equipment in the swimming pool. Squirt guns and water balloons are not allowed.
5. No sitting or floating on balls.
6. Balls are allowed in the shallow end only. NO throwing of objects, including balls, to persons using the diving board. Throw balls from in the water only, not from the deck. Do not hang from the basketball hoop or net.
Baby Pool – Parents are responsible for requesting 'the hat' signifying they are the baby pool 'attendant', and willing to provide supervision prior to using the baby pool. (We can explain how this works.)
7. Kick boards and pull buoys are not allowed in the wading pool.
8. Do not talk to or distract lifeguards on duty unless in an emergency.
9. In case of emergency, the pool will be cleared by the lifeguard by three sharp blasts of the whistle.