CMSL Parent/Swimmer/Coach Code of Conduct
The CMSL requires that every swimmer, parent and coach follow this Code of Conduct, as an effort to promote good sportsmanship and a positive swimming experience for all the children that participate in CMSL. Our purpose is to provide competitive swimming programs for children of member swim clubs and pools and promote love for the sport, advance aquatic skills, teamwork, and the principles of good sportsmanship. If there are any questions or concerns about CMSL’s Rules for Swimming Competition please refer to the RSC posted on this website.
As a swimmer in CMSL, I agree to the following code of conduct:
- To train and swim to the best of my abilities.
- Keep a positive can-do attitude.
- Arrive promptly and ready to go for all practices and meets.
- Refrain from the use of profanity, both in and out of the pool.
- Respect my coaches, teammates, and opponents and only give positive encouragement.
- Treat all officials/judges with proper respect and accept their decisions without argument.
- Accept coaching decisions without argument.
- Exhibit humility when winning and grace when losing.
- To remember that I represent my family, myself, my team, and my town with my actions, play and comments.
- I agree to swim on only ONE CMSL team per summer season.
As a parent/coach for the CMSL, I agree to the following code of conduct:
- Help my swimmer(s) to meet all team expectations and commitments.
- I will encourage my swimmer(s) that doing their best is most important (improvement of times/strokes).
- Accept the line-up as determined by the coach.
- Be encouraging, supportive and affirmative in regards to my swimmer’s performance in the pool.
- Be respectful and courteous towards ALL officials/judges, swimmers, coaches and spectators. Parents/coaches/spectators who do not display appropriate behavior on the pool deck WILL be asked and expected to leave the pool deck.
- If concerns arise during a meet and you feel you need to speak to someone please address that concern with your TEAM REP. The Team Rep is the voice of the team to the official.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the swimmers above any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- Make sure that any family or friends attending meets with you adhere to the CMSL policies regarding spectator behavior.
- I agree to only allow my swimmer(s) to swim on ONE CMSL team per summer season.
CMSL Code of Conduct Agreement: By registering my swimmer with CMSL I am agreeing to the above stated policies and the information in CMSL Rules for Swimming.