Narrows U14 Water Polo Equipment FAQ
Narrows Polo provide water polo caps and balls to use during practice.
Athletes should have -
1) correct suit - a speedo or jammer style for boys and a one piece competition suit for girls. We encourage black suits. Special water polo suits are fine but not strictly necessary.
2) Goggles - we do some swimming with goggles for conditioning.
3) Swim Cap - All athletes with long hair need to wear a swim cap.
4) Weight belt - all athletes that have mastered egg beater(talk to your coach to see if you are ready) are encouraged to obtain a personal weight belt to bring to each practice. We use the Kap7 weight belts, red for 5lbs. available at this link - https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/kap7-weight-belt-8135203/
5) water bottle. Anything is fine to keep at poolside. I have found plastic to be best. No glass is permitted.
6) Ball - Its nice to have to practice with at home but not necessary, in particular a ball is not needed at practice and athletes are discouraged from bringing their own ball to practice.
7) Rebounder - to practice passing and ball control at home. The best model is made by Kap7 and costs around 100.
All equipment should be clearly labeled with athletes name.