This program is a great way to keep young skiers excited about skiing. With fun skiing games and drills coaches will help students continue to build on the basic skills- from balance and stance to pressure, edging and carving. The goal is to create well rounded and responsible skiers. Tigers are expected to already know how to ski in control at an intermediate level. A great option for those coming out of programs such as Purgatory's Snowburners.
The intent is to then enhance those skills through an all-day program for those skiers who need more time on snow and are ready for more of a challenge. Athletes will experience all aspects of skiing from basic skills to moguls, tree skiing, park and pipe as well as training on slalom and giant slalom race courses. Much of the day will be spent skiing various terrain with a focus on skill development and refinement.
RACING IS NOT REQUIRED but there are race options available through the local race series and we encourage Snow Tigers to try at least one. The focus of this program is developing skiers, not necessarily racers. This is a great introductory program leading up to the alpine race, freeride and freestyle programs. Participation in the Snow Tigers program will help determine what aspect of the Purgatory Ski Team the athlete wants to explore next. Snow Tigers ski from 9-11 with an hour lunch break and then from 12-3.
- 10 Saturdays at Purgatory to develop fundamental skills in a team atmosphere while learning to explore and ski comfortably on the entire mountain (Dec-Mar excluding holiday weekends)
- 6 Skills & Drills Nights at Chapman Hill Jan-Feb (day of the week TBD)
- Dedicated training access to NASTAR Race Course
- Ski tuning discounts at Second Avenue Sports and Pine Needle Mountaineering
- Ski Tuning Support and Clinics (parents welcome)
- Total coaching time approx. 70 hours
Tuition does NOT include:
- Purgatory Resort Ski Pass
- Chapman Hill Ski Pass
- Seasonal Ski Rental/other equipment
- Travel Fees (only if traveling to races)
- Purg Cup/special events entry fees
Snow Tigers Program Fee (payment plans available after Oct. 31)
1st Early Bird (in full by Sept 20)
2nd Early Bird (October 1-31)
- Front entry 3 or 4 buckle boot
- Good junior all mountain carving ski. Ideally not a twin tip.
- Appropriate Length Poles
- Proper Fitted Helmet – Hard Eared Race preferred but not required for Demons.
- Well-fitting goggles and gloves. Appropriate jackets and pants for various weather conditions.