|GEORGE DEVINS SCHOLARSHIP
Sue Blackwell Scholarship Fund (Deadline: May 19, 2017) LINK TO APPLICATION
Typical Grant $2,000
Fund provides undergraduate higher education scholarships to those students who will make the best use of the scholarship funds in pursuing their educational goals.
• Be a graduating high school senior.
• Be a participating member for the 2017 swim season of the Roanoke Valley Aquatic Association (RVAA). Member pools are as follows: Ashley Plantation, Castle Rock, Elks Lodge, Forest Hills, Hidden Valley, Hunting Hills, VAST, Limestone Park, Our Lady of Nazareth, Olympic Park, Roanoke Country Club, Read Mountain, Stonegate, and Spring Run.
• Enroll in an accredited two- or four-year institution of higher learning.
• Demonstrate academic ability to successfully complete a college-level curriculum.
• Demonstrate financial need.
• Resume must be submitted with application.
• ESSAY TOPIC: Why service to others is important to me. (Maximum 500 word paper)