Thank you for your interest !
HEAD COACH POSITION
LOCATION/CLUB: The San Francisco Merionettes, the oldest synchronized swimming club in the country, is seeking a dynamic, dedicated new head coach to lead the club into the future. The SF Merionettes is a member of the Pacific Association of Synchronized Swimming (PASS).
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILTIES (INVOLVES BOTH ADMINISTRATIVE AND COACHING ACTIVITIES):
- Arrange practices for all swimmers and teams.
- Work with other coaches to develop curricula according to different experience and skill levels of all the swimmers.
- Assist with hiring and allocation of coaching staff.
- Participate in coaching of the club’s swimmers, according to the club’s needs, as determined by the Head Coach and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare the swimmers for competitions by ensuring the timely development of team routines & figures.
- Act as liaison between the club and San Francisco Parks and Recreation Department, and work with the Department on practice schedule and pool availability.
- Represent the club at USAS Convention and Pacific Association (PASS) meetings, and act as Merionettes’ liaison with other clubs.
- Obtain a judge’s rating, attend meets, and be available for judging at local competitions.
- Act as Meet Manager for the competitions sponsored by Merionettes.
- Attend the club’s Board meetings, prepare and present the Head Coach Report.
- Participate in community outreach, recruiting, social media communication, and marketing activities from time to time as needed.
- At least 3 years’ prior experience as a synchronized swimmer in a competitive capacity
- High energy, outgoing, organized, excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Prior coaching experience desirable
- Ability to enter data into Excel spreadsheets and Word documents, facile with the use of technology and social media
- Motivated to work with children in educational and mentoring capacity
The Head Coach position is available immediately.
- Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, coaching is in the evenings and weekends.
- Must have permission to work in the US.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Deborah Pascoe Carswell
Chair, San Francisco Merionettes Board of Trustees