USA Water Polo Memberships - CLICK HERE to register
USA Water Polo USA Water Polo, Inc. is the national governing body for water polo in America , overseeing our United States Olympic program as well as 20 different championship events annually, such as the National Junior Olympics, Men’s and Women’s National Championships, and Masters Open Championships. With more than 35,000 members, USAWP is also the sanctioning authority for more than 400 tournaments nationwide. USAWP is committed to the development of the sport nationwide. It fosters grass-roots expansion of the sport, providing a national system of affiliated clubs, certified coaches and officials
When do I need to sign up for USA Water Polo?
An athlete’s club seasonal dues pay for practices, pool rental, coaching, equipment, and league entry fees. If an athlete chooses to play in a “weekend tournament”, we require athletes to sign up as a Silver or Gold Member of USA Water Polo. If an athlete participates in the Southwest Zone Championship in Early June and/or the National Junior Olympics, athletes will need to be Gold Members of USA Water Polo.
Why do I have to join USA Water Polo as well as pay the Thunder Water Polo registration fees?
USA Water Polo is the national governing body for the sport of water polo. It is under the auspices of the United States Olympic Committee. We require membership in USA Water Polo for those playing in “weekend tournaments” for insurance purposes. In addition, a player cannot be rostered for “weekend tournaments” unless your USA Water Polo membership is valid.
- GOLD: "Elite" athlete membership; eligible for ALL USAWP athlete activity, including club practices, sanctioned events, National Championship Events (i.e. Junior Olympics) and all Olympic Development Program (ODP) participation including Zone Teams and ODP National Championships.
- SILVER: "Enhanced" athlete membership; eligible for club practices, local and regional sanctioned leagues and tournaments, and ODP Camps only (excluding Holiday Camp). Not eligible for participation in National Championship events (i.e. Junior Olympics, ODP Zone Team or Holiday Camp). Exception: Masters Nationals allows Silver membership. Eligible to upgrade membership within current membership year only.
- BRONZE: "Basic" athlete membership; eligible for club practices, local/regional league play, SplashBall, some local sanctioned tournaments. Not eligible for participation in National Championship events (i.e Junior Olympics), any ODP program, and some sanctioned tournaments. Eligible to upgrade membership within current membership year only.
- COLLEGE/YOUNG PROFESSIONAL: For college or post college members ages 18* - 25 years old; includes gold athlete privileges. *Athletes age 18 must submit paper membership form and show proof of current college enrollment to qualify. Not intended for JO participation.
- HERITAGE: Non-competitve membership for 18-25 year olds, including recent high school graduates. Allows athletes to continue to be part of online community network, invitations to social and netowrking events, merchandise, play opportunities, discounts to Team USA games and more.
- SHIELDY SCHOLARSHIP MEMBER: Reduced price gold athlete membership for those 18&U athletes with financial need, please complete an application by clicking here . Must provide proof of free/reduced school lunch program. This membership is NOT available for online registration or renewal. Must be completed via paper form.
- TRIAL ATHLETE: "Beginner" athlete membership; eligible for club practices only. The trial membership is for first-time USAWP athletes ONLY. This one-time, 14-day membership is free to the member. To download a registration form, click here . TRIAL MEMBERSHIP NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE. Click Join to register for a trial membership. Note: requires National Office approval.