Spring Track & Field
2020 Season Schedule:
- Competitive: March 16 - May 15
- Developmental: March 18 - May 15
- Cranford: March 16 - May 15
Athletes are taught the fundamentals, techniques, and skills of track & field running, jumping, and throwing events. More experienced athletes will build on the fundamental skills through conditioning and in-depth training for their desired events. Developmental team athletes are offered the option of participating in one of the scheduled meets. Athletes on the competitive team are encouraged to attend the scheduled meets and compete in the USATF Junior Olympic Meet. More than 250 Flyers participated last spring with qualifiers for the USATF Junior Olympic Association, Regional, and National meets. Depending on the meet and the athlete's Age Division, athletes may participate in: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, race walk, relays, hurdles, long jump, triple jump, high jump, javelin, shot, and discus.
Kehler Stadium, Kehler Stadium a.k.a. Field House (800 Rahway Avenue, Westfield)
- Competitive Team – Monday 6:45-8:00 PM, Wednesday 6:00-8:00 PM, Friday 6:45-8:00 PM
- Developmental Team – Wednesday and Friday 6:45-8:00 PM
Memorial Field, 50 Myrtle Street, Cranford, NJ
- Cranford Middle School Team - Monday Wednesday and Friday 3:30-5:00 PM
To join any of our Flyers teams there are only two things to do:
- Complete the Registration Form: Complete it online by typing directly into the PDF and printing it OR print it and complete it manually. Bring the completed form to the Welcome Center. (Paper forms are available at the Welcome Center.) AND
- Process Your Payment: Register in person at the Welcome Center.
Detailed Information for Parents:
A meeting for parents of athletes from all three teams will be conducted on Monday, March 9, from 7:00-8:00 PM at the Main Y. It is strongly encouraged that parents attend this meeting for important season information. We will cover practices, uniforms, meets, Developmental vs. Competitive, Cranford Middle School Program, and much more. If you cannot make this meeting, similar information will be covered during practices on Wednesday, March 18th.