Spring Track & Field
- Competitive - 3/19/18-5/18/18
- Developmental - 3/21/18-5/18/18
- Cranford - 3/19/18-5/18/18
Athletes are taught the fundamentals, techniques, and skills of track & field running, jumping, and throwing events. More experienced athletes will build on the fundamental skills through conditioning and in-depth training for their desired events. Developmental team athletes are offered the option of participating in one of the scheduled meets. Athletes on the competitive team are encouraged to attend the scheduled meets and compete in the USATF Junior Olympic Meet. More than 250 Flyers participated last spring with qualifiers for the USATF Junior Olympic Association, Regional, and National meets. Depending on the meet and the athlete's Age Division, athletes may participate in: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, race walk, relays, hurdles, long jump, triple jump, shot, discus, aero/mini/turbo javelin, javelin.
To join any of our Flyers teams there are only two things to do:
- Complete the Registration Form: Complete it online by typing directly into the PDF. Print it and bring it to the Welcome Center. Paper forms are available at the Welcome Center. AND
- Process Your Payment: Register in person at the Welcome Center.
Detailed Information for Parents:
A meeting for parents of athletes from all three teams will be held on Sunday, March 18, from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM, at the Main Y, 220 Clark Street, Westfield. All parents are encouraged to attend.
- Competitive Team - to be posted soon
- Developmental Team - to be posted soon
- Cranford Middle School Team - to be posted soon
Kehler Stadium / The Field House, 800 Rahway Avenue, Westfield, NJ - In early May the practice site will change due to planned improvements at Kehler Stadium.
- Competitive Team (Monday 6:45-8:00 PM, Wednesday 6:00-8:00 PM, Fri 6:45-8:00 PM)
- Developmental Team (Wednesday 6:45-8:00 PM, Friday 6:45-8:00 PM)
Memorial Field, 50 Myrtle Street, Cranford, NJ
- Cranford Middle School Team (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 3:30-5:00 PM)