PARENT/GUARDIAN CODE OF CONDUCT
As a parent/guardian of Kingfish Swim Club (KSC), I will abide by the following code of conduct:
- Treat swimmers, coaches, competitors, officials and families with respect.
- Don’t instruct or coach your child, other swimmers, or the team. You are a parent, not a coach.
- Communication with the coaching staff should occur before/after practice or before/after the coach’s work day.
- Practice and teach good sportsmanship.
- Promote positive team spirit and morale.
- Support teammates at practice and competition.
- Support with volunteer hours.
- Direct questions about decisions by meet officials to KSC coaches.
- Maintain self-control. Know your role:
- Swimmers swim
- Coaches coach
- Officials officiate
- Parents parent
As the parent/guardian of a competitive swimmer, your primary responsibility is to provide a caring, supportive environment. That support encourages your child to feel good about her/his interest in competitive swimming. Show your support by ensuring your swimmer’s attendance at practices and meets.
While you are not actually competing, parents/guardians contribute to your swimmer’s success. Be a positive role model, demonstrate good sportsmanship, and be a positive representative of KSC.
Should parent conduct discredit or bring discord to KSC or Prince Mont Swim League, there will be disciplinary action. KSC reserves the right to terminate any membership in the interest of the club’s vision, mission and objectives.
The Board of Directors of Kingfish Swim Club reserves the right to terminate the membership of any individual whose behavior places KSC in an unfavorable light or jeopardizes our participation in any pool event. All parents/guardians are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship and act as ambassadors for the club and appropriate role models.