SWIMMER CODE OF CONDUCT
As a swimmer and member of Kingfish Swim Club (KSC), I will abide by the following code of conduct:
- Treat teammates, coaches, competitors, officials and families with respect.
- Respect the time and effort of others by being on time for practice, training sessions and meets.
- Practice and teach good sportsmanship.
- Promote positive team spirit and morale.
- Support teammates at practice and competition.
- Offer congratulations and encouragement to teammates and opponents.
- Take responsibility for leaving your personal area and the KSC team area in a neat, clean condition after practice sessions and swim meets.
- Respect the rights and space requirements of other teams and people using the swim facility.
- Illegal use of alcohol or controlled substances can result in dismissal from the team.
- Represent the team and the sport positively.
- Use/possession of illegal substances (alcohol/drugs/tobacco)
- Unruly behavior including fighting/striking another person
- Inappropriate language (swearing/derogatory comments) and lying/deceit
- Bullying or isolating a teammate
- Interference with the progress of a teammate
CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATION
The Code of Conduct is in force for all KSC swimmers during practices, swim meets, and other events sponsored by KCS or in which KSC is represented. Examples of disciplinary action include, but are not limited to: reprimands, dismissal from practice or meets, or, expulsion from team.
The Board of Directors of Kingfish Swim Club reserves the right to terminate the membership of any individual whose behavior places KSC in an unfavorable light or jeopardizes our participation in any pool event. All swimmers are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship and act as ambassadors for the club and appropriate role models for teammates and other swimmers.