COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
In addition to USA Swimming’s code of conduct for coaches, KSC coaches will abide by the following code of conduct:
- Treat swimmers, coaches, competitors, officials and families with respect.
- Lead by example by demonstrating the values of discipline, loyalty, commitment and hard work.
- Prioritize the protection and safety of the swimmers, themselves and others.
- Demonstrate fairness and sportsmanship to all swimmers, coaches, competitors and officials.
- Adhere to KSC policy of non-discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
- Place the emotional and physical well-being of the swimmers ahead of a personal desire to win.
- Treat each swimmer as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- Refrain from the use or possession of illegal drugs, controlled substances, or performance enhancing drugs, as also prohibited by USA Swimming. Violation will result in termination of employment.
- Sexual harassment of any swimmer, coach or other person associated with KSC can result in termination of employment. Sexual harassment includes any unwelcome sexual advances, request for favors, or other verbal/physical conduct of a sexual nature that a reasonable person could conclude to be intimidating or hostile and creates an offensive environment.
- Refrain from engaging in dating, romantic, or sexual relationships with swimmers. A coach who is also a KSC swimmer is considered a coach for the purposes of this item. Violation will result in immediate termination of employment.
Violations of this code of conduct, or any other conduct that reflects adversely on the team or creates discord among the team’s swimmers, coaches or families, may result in disciplinary action determined by the KSC Board in its sole discretion, including termination of employment.