Summer League 2018 - Meet Entries/Results
*All Swim Meets Are Held at the “Pepper” Geddings Recreation Center
Events Format "A" and "B"
*8&Under events will be the same throughout the season*
CHAMPIONSHIP MEET:Each swimmer may enter 4 events and they must have legally swum all events they enter at least once during the regular season.
BEFORE THE MEET
- Arrive at the Pepper Geddings pool at 4:45pm to meet the Coach.
- Upon arrival, find a place to put your swimmer's towels, swim bags. The team usually sits in one place together, so look for some familiar faces.
- Your swimmer now gets his/her cap and goggles and get ready for warm-up instructions. It is very important for all swimmers to warm-up with the team. A swimmer's body is just like a car on a cold day-he/she needs to get the engine going and warmed-up before he/she can go all out.
- Heat and lane assignments will be on the heat sheet. Look for your swimmer's name on their event #.
- Once you find the heat and lane, write or have the swimmers write each event-number, heat and lane on his or her hand in ink. This helps him/her remember what events he/she is swimming and what event number to listen or watch for.
- The meet will usually start right after warm-ups are over.
*Heat Sheets: is usually available for sale in the lobby or concession area of the pool. It lists all swimmers in each event in order of "seed time". When the team entry is sent in, each swimmer and his/her previous best time (up to the date that the entry was submitted) in that event is listed. If the swimmer is swimming an event for the first time, he/she will be entered as a "no-time" or "NT". A "no-time" swimmer will most likely swim in one of the first heats of the event. A Heat sheet may be available close to the start of the meet that lists the actual heat and lane a swimmer will be competing in.
- It is important for any swimmer to know what event numbers he/she is swimming (again, why they should have the numbers on their hand). He/she may swim right away after warm-up or they may have to wait awhile.
- Generally, girls events are odd-numbered and boys events are even-numbered.
- After each swim the swimmer should go immediately to his or her coach. The coach will discuss the swim with each swimmer.
- The swimmer now waits until his next event and starts the procedure again. When a swimmer has completed all of her events she and her parents get to go home. Make sure, however, you, as a parent, check with the coach before leaving to make sure your swimmer is ok to go.
- Results are usually posted somewhere in the facility and it will be posted on the website after the meet.
- Awards are often gathered for a team and given to the coach at the end of the meet. The coach will give the awards to the swimmers at a later time.