Senior Development Group
Senior Development Group Coach: Coach Marco
The Senior Development group consists of swimmers 13 and over that are looking to improve in competitive swimming. Competition at swim meets is expected in this group. Two types of swimmers exist in this group: the high school swimmer looking to improve for high school swimming; however they swim year round with the team in our winter and summer league competitions. The second type is the swimmer looking to develop excellence in swimming who have not yet made the cut for Senior- They have goals that relate to progressing through the USA Swimming levels, moving from age group based competitions to senior and national levels meets. The group goal is to bridge the gap between age group and senior level swimming. Swimmers will continue to focus on stroke technique improvement and begin to increase efficiency in all four strokes. We will teach the student-athlete time management and goal setting skills applicable for the pool and life.
· Learn goal-setting skills applicable for the pool and life.
· Continue to focus on technical stroke efficiency, starts, turns, and finishes.
· Bridge the gap between age group and senior level swimming
· Qualify for Senior Group
· The Gold group must have dryland attire including running shoes and appropriate running clothes EVERYDAY
· “Strokemaker” paddles—either green or yellow depending on the athlete
· Appropriately sized Fins
· Water bottle at every practice
Monday-Thursday @ EMAC 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Friday @ MHS 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Saturday @ MHS 7:45 am - 10:00 am (optional)