Families with multiple swimmers are eligible for the following discounts on the monthly fee:
10% discount for 2nd child's fees, 15% discount for 3rd child, 20% discount for 4th child, and 5th child and beyond swim for free. The higher price prevails.
(Example: a family with a Senior swimmer and a Blue 1 (5:30) group swimmer will pay the full $140/month for the Senior, then $99 for the Blue 1 (5:30) swimmer after a 10% discount off
the $110/month Blue 1 group fee).
What does the annual registration fee pay for?
- The annual registration fee includes USA Swimming and South Carolina Swimming (LSC) annual registration fees, 2 team t-shirts, required insurance coverage for your swimmer, and an administration fee.
- The annual registration fee is not refundable.
What do the monthly fees pay for?
- The monthly dues pay for expenses incurred by the competitive team, including coaches’ salaries, pool rental and maintenance fees, and communal training equipment. Monthly dues do not include fees for meets and events, individual practice equipment, or other related charges for participating in PALM member activities.
- A $20/family Meet Hosting Fee will be drafted twice per year (once in the fall and once in the summer), and will go toward defraying the cost of meets hosted by Palmetto Aquatics.
When do payments begin?
- Monthly dues billing will be charged to active accounts on the first of each month beginning September 1st.
- Any additional costs invoiced to your account will be charged at the next monthly draft on the 1st.
What if my swimmer withdraws from the program?
- You must provide a written 30-days notice of your intention to withdraw and cease billing to Coach Heath, by email. Your billing will be turned off 30 days from receipt of your notice.
FUNDRAISING AND VOLUNTEERING REQUIREMENTS
· There is a $125 yearly fundraising requirement per swimmer through our annual Aqua-Thon event. Families with multiple children will pay $125.00 per swimmer for the first two children and $25.00 for each additional swimmer.
· Funds raised are due by the start of Aquathon, or they will be billed on March 1st.
· Aquathon will be held in February each year as an opportunity for swimmers to participate in a fun team event and to help raise money for the team.
Palmetto Aquatics relies heavily on volunteers to run a successful program and provide swimmers with a top-level swimming experience. All families are required to volunteer in some capacity at both meets PALM hosts (one in the fall and one in the summer). Opportunities include timing, contributing food/drinks to hospitality or concessions, running the concessions stand, assisting with meet administration, security, and much more – we pride ourselves on running excellent swim meets and a strong group of volunteers is vital to that process.
Throughout the year, other opportunities for parents and family members to volunteer, will be announced and made available as they arise. Examples include: Aqua-Thon, team banquet preparation, and help with team parties.