Coach: Jason York & Chesna Biolley
Interested in joining? Call (805) 650-0400 to set an evaluation appointment.
The Senior Group is the pinnacle of training group within the Buenaventura Swim Club structure. It is designed to be a “center of excellence”. The Senior Group will provide a challenging atmosphere and swimmers will be encouraged to reach their full potential. Every effort will be made to give these athletes the attention, education, and tools they need to succeed. The dedication, commitment, and work necessary to succeed in this group will be immense and require the support of their parents.
|Monday - Friday (Swimming)
|| 5:00 - 7:00 PM
|Monday - Friday (Gym - Depends on assignment to Group A or B)
|| 3:30 - 4:30 PM
|Tuesday & Thursday Mornings (Swimming)
|| 5:30 - 7:00 AM
|| 6:45 - 9:00 AM
Since we are an ability based program, there will still be criteria in order to swim in the senior group. They include:
- - Swim 20X100 Freestyle @ 1:15
- - Swim 16 X 100 I.M. @ 1:30
- - Kick 20X50 @ :50
Swimmer will always behave in a positive manner with teammates and help foster the “winning culture” necessary to be elite level athletes.
The swimmer is expected to:
- Accept the responsibility of his/her performance
- Understand and perform specific race strategies
- Effectively communicate his/her commitment to his/her parents and coach
- Balance school, family, swimming, and social commitments
- Take responsibility for their own swimming careers.
- Strokemaker Hand Paddles (size appropriate – see coach)
- Pull Buoy
- Finis Bullet Snorkel
- Mesh Bag
* * *