FUNDRAISING & VOLUNTEER POLICY 2017-2018
The following Family Fundraising and Volunteer Service Policy Is effective September 2016
1. Fundraising: Each family is required to fundraise $300 to aid in general team expenses, except families with only swimmers of the Pre-Competitive Group. Fundraising will be prorated as of the month the swimmer joins the team (full months prorate only at $25 per month). Any outstanding balance will be due September 1, 2017. Prorated fundraising balances will be due immediately, if a swimmer leaves the team mid-season.
2. Tracking Fundraising and Balance Due: As fundraising monies are earned they should be submitted to email@example.com. When reporting your fundraising, please report the fundraiser and the total amounts, not the percentage to be deducted. Once we receive your fundraising via email, the approved percentage will be deducted from your account. Your balance will be available for viewing on our website via your secure log-in ID and password at any time and should be reviewed regularly for accuracy. At the end of each season, any unpaid fundraising will be applied to your account and will be charged to your credit card/ACH on file. If this payment process fails, you will need to pay the balance at registration in September, 2017, before your swimmer(s) can participate in the program. You are responsible for submitting your fundraising figures and for checking your account on line. All inquiries and final updates must be made by August 31, 2017.
3. Volunteer Hours: Each family is required to work a total of 30 volunteer service hours per season (or prorated if you join after the beginning of the season). Bronze group member are responsible to volunteer 20 hours per season. One half of the balance of service hours will be due on February 28, 2017, and the other half due on August 31, 2017. Hours can be worked at any of our home meets, any Buenaventura Swim Club sponsored event, special project or fundraiser, or timing at away meets, which is mandatory if your swimmer(s) participate(s). The remaining 8 hours must be worked in preparation of or during the four-day June Invite Meet. For any of the 8 hours not worked at our June Invite Meet, your account will be charged $25 per un-worked hour, regardless of total number of hours worked. Activities not specified above (meets, Buena events & fundraisers) may be recordable as volunteer hours, if discussed with and approved by the Board. All service hours are due by August 31, 2017. Prorated volunteer balances will be due immediately if a swimmer leaves the team mid season.
4. Tracking Volunteer Hours: As volunteer hours are earned they should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you sign-up online for our home meets, the hours you work will automatically be posted to your account after completion of the meet. All hours worked timing at “away” meets or other board-approved team events outside of a meet, must be sent via email and will be deducted from your account. When reporting your volunteer hours, please list the date, where and how the hours were met. Your balance will be tracked and available for viewing on our website via your secure log in ID and password. At the end of each season, any unmet volunteer hours will be applied to your account at the rate of $25 per hour and will be charged to your credit card/ACH on file. If this payment process fails, you will need to pay the balance at registration on September, 2016, before your swimmer(s) can participate in the program. You are responsible for submitting your volunteer hours and for checking your account on line. All inquiries and final updates must be made by August 31, 2017.
5. Pre-Competitive Group members do not have a fundraiser or volunteer commitment until the swimmer graduates to any other group. Upon promotion, fundraising and volunteer obligations will be prorated.
Buenaventura Swim Club realizes that circumstances can change over the course of the season. The following policies will apply when a leave of absence is necessary. In all cases the parent or the swimmer is required to send an email when any of these changes occur to TeamAdmin@buenaventuraswimclub.org.
1. Less than 30 days: If a swimmer is out for less than 30 days due to injury or illness, all dues, fundraising and service hours are due in full at the time stated in the Family contract.
2. Over 30 days but less than four months: If a swimmer requests a temporary leave of absence for longer than 30 days but less than 4 months due to illness or injury, then the following will apply:
- Dues will be payable thru the end of the last month the swimmer participated regardless of the number of days actually swum in that month. There will be no prorating.
- The month of returnwill be payable in full regardless of the number of days the swimmer is in the water that month. There will be no prorating.
- All fundraising and service hours will be due in full.
3. Over four months: if a swimmer quits the club or is out of the water for longer than four months, the following will apply:
- Dues will be payable thru the end of the last month the swimmer participated regardless of the number of days actually swum that month. There will be no prorating.
- Fundraising and service requirements will be limited to whatever has been paid. If the swimmer returns to the team any unpaid fundraising and service hours must be paid in full before reinstatement. There will be a $25.00 reinstatement fee.
- Dues for the month of return will be payable in full regardless of the days actually swim that month. There will be no prorating.
4. Special Circumstances: The Board and Coaches will review and decide on special circumstances such as extended illness, loss of job, divorce or other similar situations. These will be decided on a case-by case basis.
* * *