The Cerritos Aquatic Club is committed to providing training and experience in competitive swimming for all children 5-18 in the greater Cerritos, CA area year round.
Every swimmer feels physically safe, personally supported and individually rewarded at all levels of experience.
From our program, swimmers learn to set and achieve personal goals, work together with other swimmers as a team, and appreciate the value of personal fitness for lifelong good health.
Our team is a non-profit corporation, 501 (c) (3), under the laws of the State of California, whose goal is to provide year-round aquatic activities for the youth of the greater Cerritos area. Our program is founded on the belief that age-group competitive swimming offers an exciting and worthwhile experience in a young person’s life. Swimming can be learned and enjoyed by those with little ability to those who are of Olympic caliber, and its values go far beyond learning safety, efficiency and speed in the water. Swimming is one of the best activities for lifelong fitness and recreation.
A volunteer Board of Directors elected from the parents of the swimmers guides the team. The Board hires a Head Coach who, under our Constitution, is in complete charge of all swimming activities, including the hiring of Assistant Coaches. The Board members are responsible for the business aspects of the club, including encouraging all parents to become involved in our fundraising and social activities.
Our Club is financed by monthly dues, an annual membership fee and our swim meet fundraisers. These fees are collected to pay for coaches’ salaries and pool rental. The annual membership fee are collected per child in the Fall to cover each swimmer’s USS registration for the next calendar year, postage and printing costs. Supplemental income is derived from fundraisers and two or three swim meets hosted during the year and provides awards, team equipment, social events and enhancements to our Club.
Dues: Monthly dues are $100 per month First child, $80 for second child and $60 per month for third child
Annual Dues: $70 per year for USA Swimming Registration + $50 Cerritos Aquatic Club Annual Membership per swimmer.
Swimmers are encouraged to compete in United States Swimming (USS) meets of differing ability. We also participate in the age-group water polo league in the fall. Older team members are also encouraged to enter ocean swim and body surfing contests. Team members have the opportunity of going to Huntington Beach together in the summer on Thursdays, "team beach days".
Competition-style workout suits may be purchased at various local sporting goods stores, from vendors at swim meets, or by mail order. Team equipment (team suits, sport bags, shirts, parkas, etc.) may be purchased from the Team Vice President.
On an individual basis, our goals are:
1. To aid each team member in reaching his/her potential.
2. To furnish a wholesome and worthwhile physical and recreational outlet.
3. To provide an opportunity to learn good sportsmanship and team cooperation.
4. To provide educational opportunities.
5. To provide opportunities for social and emotional development.
6. To provide opportunities to learn good health habits.
7. To provide training and competition to all swimmers who desire it.
When: Monday - Friday (M & W 4-6 PM and Tu, Th & Fri 5 - 7 PM)
Where: Cerritos Olympic Swim Center 13150 166th St. Cerritos (Cerritos Park East)
How to Join:
Here is what we will need:
*** Please email VP Membership via "Contact Us" at the bottom of the Home page to let us know you are interested in trying out for our club. In the email, please indicate the following:
- Family name
- Swimmer's name
- Tryouts are held on the 3rd week of every month on Monday at 5:30 PM.
- Head coach will either approve to begin registration or recommend more lessons.
- If Coach approves membership then registration will be available at the pool.
- Registration will be open the last week of every month.
- We will need to verify Cerritos residency by showing a utility bill; either attach in email, or bring to pool and show VP Membership during practice Mondays and Fridays.
- You will need the following for the head coach to verify:
- Birth certificate and/or a passport
- You will fill out all forms at that time including Credit card for payment.
- If you have any questions, please contact VP Membership via "Contact Us" menu on the left in our home page.
Who runs the club:
The Cerritos Aquatic Club is a Parent run, non-profit corporation. We get great support from the City, but we are not affiliated with the City of Cerritos. Parents of our swimmers volunteer for administrative duties, fund raising, social events, etc. Coaches are contracted by the Club.
Our main fundraiser is hosting two or three swim meets during each calendar year. Running these meets requires the assistance of ALL families each meet. Parental participation is MANDATORY. Any family not working 6 hours per home meet will be fined $200.00 for each meet we host for Non-Work.
You must notify the Registration/Membership Person via email at least 7 days before the end of the month (23rd of each month) regarding your intent to suspend of cancel the account. Any notification after the 23rd of the month, you will be charged for the full month.
If you are a returning member, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to notify the Registration/Membership person on your return to the team. Any dues/fees associated upon your return will be charged at that time.
We'd love to have you and your children become members of The Cerritos Aquatic Club!