Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent of a swimmer and member of Moreno Valley Aquatics, I will abide by the following guidelines:
· Practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers and coaches by supporting the values of Discipline, Loyalty, Commitment and Hard Work.
· As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at a practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with coaches on the pool deck.
· Demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
· Maintain self-control at all times. Know my role.
Swimmers – Swim
Coaches – Coach
Officials – Officiate
Parents – Parent
· As a parent, I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials, and/or any participating swimmer will not be permitted or tolerated.
· Enjoy involvement with Moreno Valley Aquatics by supporting the swimmers, coaches and other parents with positive communication and actions.
· During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by meet officials are directed to a member of our coaching staff. Parents address officials via the coaching staff only.
· Sanctions. Should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to Moreno Valley Aquatics, or USA Swimming, I voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. MVAQ maintains the right to terminate any membership with/without cause in the interest of our vision, mission and objectives.