Sponsors
FAQ

What is Swim-a-Thon®?

In partnership with USA Swimming, Participants find supporting sponsors who pledge to donate funds to SOCAL Aquatics as they swim up to 200 lengths (about 2.83 miles) of the pool in 2 hours or less.

These funds are crucial to the financial well-being of SOCAL Aquatics, and go toward financial aid programs, team travel costs, developmental groups, and day-to-day operating costs. Participating helps us keep our fees low; and generates team spirit and camaraderie among the participating swimmers.

Does SOCAL AQUATICS keep all the money that is raised?

We keep 95% of the money raised for the Swim-a-Thon®.  The other 5% goes to the USA Swimming foundation which helps support programs like saving lives and building champions—in the pool and in life, the USA Swimming Foundation hopes the Swim-a-Thon® program will provide even more crucial resources to help the kids who need our support. For example, since 2007, the Foundation has provided more than 45,000 scholarships for children to participate in learn-to-swim programs. Through more than 595 swim lesson partners in all 50 states, more than 1.7 MILLION kids have received the opportunity to become part of the sport that we all love.

Is my contribution tax deductible?

Yes, SOCAL AQUATICS is a non-profit organization.  Our tax ID is 33-0549700.