San Gabriel Sea Gulls (SGSG) Code of Conduct ATHLETES
The purpose of a code of conduct for athletes is to establish a consistent expectation for athletes’
By signing this code of conduct, I agree to the following statements:
• I will respect and show courtesy to my teammates and coaches at all times
• I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets.
• I will set a good example of behavior and work ethic for my younger teammates.
• I will be respectful of my teammates’ feelings and personal space. Swimmers who exhibit sexist,
• racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be faced with consequences.
• I will show respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions, and team activities
• I will attend all mandatory team meetings and training sessions, unless I am excused by my coach
• I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, offensive, or illegal.
• If I disagree with an official’s call, I will talk with my coach and not approach the official directly.
• I will obey all of USA Swimming’s rules and codes of conduct and all local laws and regulations.
• I will notify the Coach of my swim group if I miss more than three training sessions in a roll.
• I will not wear a tech suit for competition without the permission of my coach.
I understand that if I violate this code of conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by the SGSG Coaching Staff.