Level 3 Swimmers
Ages 2 to 18 (Groups will be split by similar ages)
Cost: $65 for 8 X 30-minute sessions
This class is in 2 week sessions with 4 classes per week, Mon to Thurs.
This is a skill sheet to let you know the areas your swimmer is advancing and or needs help. We give this skill sheet at the end of each 2 week session and it goes to the swimmers that passed their level and the swimmers that did not. We do this so you can see where they excel and you can further talk with them on the skills that challenge them to help them advance in the sport of swim. Your instructor will check off the skills acquired and leave the ones not acquired blank. At the bottom of each skill sheet there is a notes section. Your instructor may or may not write advanced notes on the swimmer and their accomplishments.
To pass Level 3 all skills below need to be achieved.
- ____Bobbing on ground unassisted and breathing with a rhythm at this point.
- ____Kick on back with board assisted both flutter and Monkey, Airplane, Soldier
- ____Kick on stomach with board unassisted for short period of time (1/2 lap)
- ____Further freestyle unassisted
- ____Intro to kneeling dives
- ____Pencil jumps
- ____Object retrieval unassisted shallow
- ____Intro to backstroke assisted
- ____Laying on stomach roll to back and breathe-then roll back to stomach assisted
- ____Shallow jumps unassisted- They can roll to their back and breathe then roll to the stomach and swim back to the wall and have they get out without using the stairs. At this point they need to do this unassisted
- ____Pushing off the wall and swimming whatever way possible to the instructor. From the wall to the flags about or 5 yards.
- ____Ready position