Level 4 Swimmers
Ages 2 to 18 (Groups will be split by similar ages)
Cost: $65 for 8 X 30-minute sessions
This class is in 2 week sessions with 4 classes per week, Mon to Thurs.
This is a skill sheet to let you know the areas your swimmer is advancing and or needs help. We give this skill sheet at the end of each 2 week session and it goes to the swimmers that passed their level and the swimmers that did not. We do this so you can see where they excel and you can further talk with them on the skills that challenge them to help them advance in the sport of swim. Your instructor will check off the skills acquired and leave the ones not acquired blank. At the bottom of each skill sheet there is a notes section. Your instructor may or may not write advanced notes on the swimmer and their accomplishments.
To pass Level 4 the skills below have to be achieved
- ____Bobbing on ground unassisted (Shallow/Deep) and breathing control (spit motion)
- ____Kicking with board free and back unassisted, Intro to breaststroke.
- ____Jumping from the side of the pool unassisted and swimming back to the wall and exit the pool unassisted
- ____Kneeling dive from side of pool to standing
- ____Freestyle unassisted work on stroke use the Star Stick if needed
- ____Backstroke unassisted work on stroke
- ____Intro to breaststroke the normal stroke. You can explain Monkey, Airplane, Soldier but make sure they know they are learning Breaststroke
- ____Object retrieval unassisted shallow and deep
- ____Intro to 1 hand and 2 hand finishes
- ____Understanding swim commands and wording
- ____Swimming over 12+ yards in some strokes efficiently