Every now and then swimmers may look to change teams. This can be very tough on everyone (the swimmer, the old team, coaches, and friends) so we urge you to think long and hard before making this decision. Obviously, if your child is in a dangerous situation, report it and get out, but if it's just to change to change, please know that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. That being said, if you have done your due-diligence and have made the choice to leave your current team and are considering ZAP, there are a few steps you need to follow:
1) Review our website and see if our philosophy and culture mesh with your values.
If things seem to match at this point...
2) Email or text our head coach, DeAnne Preyer (firstname.lastname@example.org, 424-901-3703).
3) Talk with the head coach.
4) Schedule a family interview.
If the interview goes well and it looks like a good fit...
5) Meet the team.
6) Decide as a family if this is the right place for you.
7) Talk with your current coach in person and let them know the situation.
8) Register on the homepage of the ZAP website.
9) Complete a Team Transfer form (available at socalswim.org) and mail it in with proper fees.