Black Hills Gold Swimming TEAM CODE OF CONDUCT: ATHLETES
The purpose of a code of conduct for athletes is to establish a consistent expectation for athletes’ behavior. By becoming a member of Black Hills Gold Swimming and for the duration of my membership, I agree to the following statements:
- I will respect and show courtesy to my teammates and coaches at all times.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets.
- I will set a good example of behavior and work ethic for my younger teammates.
- I will be respectful of my teammates’ feelings and personal space. Swimmers who exhibit sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be faced with consequences.
- I will attend all team meetings and training sessions, arriving on time and participating for the duration, unless I have communicated by absence, tardiness or need to leave early
- prior and have been excused by my coach.
- I will show respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions, and team activities.
- I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, offensive, or illegal.
- If I disagree with an official’s call, I will talk with my coach and not approach the official directly.
- I will obey all of USA Swimming’s rules and codes of conduct.
I understand that if I violate this code of conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by my coaches and the swim club’s board of directors.