Black Hills Gold Swimming CODE OF CONDUCT: PARENTS
The purpose of a code of conduct for parents is to establish consistent expectations for behavior by parents. As a parent/guardian, I understand the important growth and developmental support that my child’s participation fosters. I also understand that it is essential to provide the coaching staff with respect and the authority to coach the team. I agree with the following statements:
- I will set the right example for our children by demonstrating sportsmanship and showing respect and common courtesy at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents, and all facilities.
- I will get involved by volunteering, cheering at meets, and talking with my child and their coach about their progress.
- I will refrain from coaching my child from the stands during practices or meets.
- I will allow coaches to make decisions regarding competition events and respect their decision and support my child in events they are entered in.
- I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward coaches, officials, volunteers, and/or any participating swimmer will not be tolerated.
- I will respect the integrity of the officials.
- I will direct my concerns to first to the coaches and if unable to resolve to the Board of Directors. I will express my concerns in a timely manner, understanding no issues can be resolved without being expressed.
I understand the above expectations and that my failure to adhere to them may result in disciplinary action or the decision of the Board of Directors that I, or my child with me in attendance, may not attend practice or represent Black Hills Gold Swimming at competition or team events.
USA Swimming has a section of their website devoted to parent education and information - https://www.usaswimming.org/for-you/parents