- Steady and neutral head position throughout pull and recovery
- Hands in the "11" position with fingers forward on entry
- Press the chest before arms land and move straight forward
- Don't tuck the chin when pulling
- Don't rise the eyes when breathing - Eyes on the bottom of the pool!
- USE YOUR LEGS!!!
- Lean head and upper body back into water - it's OK if water goes over your face
- Thumb should be up on pull and recovery
- Fingers should point to the wall as you pull
- ROTATE side to side and KICK!!!
- Keep your head still with eyes facing forward
- Elbows high as your pull and don't go to wide
- Turn your feet out as they sweep around
- Keep head/eyes on the bottom of the pool
- Reach forward with your arms
- High elbow on the pull and recovery
- Rotate hips! Hips need to lead the stroke