MSA Code of Conduct
As a member of the MSA Team, I understand and will comply with the following guidelines as a MSA & USA Swimmer:
1. MSA Swimmers and Coaches will adhere and comply with the strict rules and regulations set by USA Swimming in reference to possession or use of banned substances (www.usaswimming.org).
2. The rules of Dublin Parks & Recreation Facility will be followed as well as the By-Laws of the MSA (Reference: www.madisonswimming.org).
3. MSA Swimmers, Coaches and Parents will respect the Facility property and adhere to all traffic rules and procedures of Dublin Parks & Recreation Facility.
4. MSA Swimmers, Coaches and Parents will refrain from any illegal or inappropriate behavior that would detract from a positive image of the MSA Team or be detrimental to its performance objectives.
5. MSA Swimmers & Parents will display proper respect and sportsmanship toward coaches, officials, administrators, fellow competitors and the public while at the Dublin Park & Recreation Facility; away meets and host facilities; as well as away meet hotels.
a. All MSA Team Members, Coaches and Parents are apprised in writing of this policy. Electronic agreement of this document constitutes unconditional agreement to comply with the MSA Code Of Conduct for the 20013-2014 Season.
b. MSA Executive Board Members, Coaches, Volunteers or Dublin Parks & Recreation Facility Personnel will not be held liable for any injury occurring as a violation of this Code Of Conduct.
c. Failure to comply with the Code Of Conduct as set forth in this document for the MSA Team may result in disciplinary action under the provisions of MSA By-Laws and Section 8, USA Swimming-OIOC Policy Manual.
Such discipline may include, but is not limited to:
1. Immediate return home.
2. Dismissal from the team.
3. Financial penalties.
Any appeal following disciplinary action shall be in accordance with MSA By-Laws and Part Four of the USA Swimming Rules and Regulations
On behalf of the MSA Executive Board and Coaches, we are looking forward to having you represent the MSA Team!