MTS Incentive Programs 2018-19
Attendance T-Shirts – Each MTS training group has a goal attendance percentage – each swimmer who achieves the goal in a calendar month will receive a special t-shirt. When that swimmer achieves the goal in a second month, they will get to paint their shirt with a certain color. In ensuing month’s they will get to add a different color for each month they achieve the goal, with the idea of having the most colorful shirt by the end of the season. Goal Attendance Percentage:
- Tiger Sharks - 50% (2 of the 4 practices offered each week)
- Piranhas - 60% (3 of the 5 practices offered each week)
- Marlins - 65% (an average of more than 3 of the 5 practices offered each week)
- Sailfish - 70% (an average of more than 4 of the 6 practices offered each week)
- Pre-Senior - 80% (an average of 5 of the 6 practices offered each week)
- Senior Varsity - 80% (an average of 5 of the 6 practices offered each week)
- Senior White - 90% (an average of more than 5 of the 6 practices offered each week)
- Senior Orange - 90% (an average of more than 5 of the 6 practices offered each week)
- Senior Blue - 90% (an average of more than 7 of the 8 practices offered each week)
Attendance Caps - 100% Attendance Caps – All swimmers who attend 100% of the workouts (all given workouts for the assigned group) in a calendar month will receive a special brightly colored MTS 100% cap to wear proudly during workout.
MTS Ironman Program – Swimmers that legally complete the following events in their age group during the 2018-19 Short Course Season in a USA Swimming sanctioned meet, are eligible to receive a special MTS “Ironman” t-shirt recognizing their achievement. T-shirts will be presented at the Spring Banquet. Parents are encouraged to communicate with the coach if a swimmer needs to swim a certain event; however, please understand that the coach has the final decision. The coaches will not put a swimmer in an event if they feel the swimmer is not ready.
8&U – 25/50/100 Free, 25/50 Back, 25/50 Breast, 25/50 Fly, 100 IM
9-10 – 50/100/200 Free, 50/100 Back, 50/100 Breast, 50/100 Fly, 100/200 IM
11-12 – 50/100/200/500 Free, 50/100 Back, 50/100 Breast, 50/100 Fly, 100/200 IM
13 and over – 50/100/200/500 Free, 100/200 Back, 100/200 Breast, 100/200 Fly, 200/400 IM and either the 1000 or 1650 Free.
MTS IMX/IMR Program - Beginning with the 2018-19 season, MTS will begin an incentive system for swimmers based on USA Swimming’s IM Xtreme and IM Ready programs. The program is designed to promote and reward versatility in age group swimming while advocating greater participation and development across a range of events. The goal is to develop versatile and well-rounded athletes while promoting long term success.
Swimmers establish a score in the IMR and IMX programs only by completing all of the events required for their age group in a sanctioned meet in a given season. Following are the events for each program for each given age group:
IM Ready (IMR)
10 and Under: 100 Free, 50 Back, 50 Breast, 50 Fly, 100 IM
11-12 year olds: 200 Free, 50 Back, 50 Breast, 50 Fly, 100 IM
13 and Over: 200 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
IM Xtreme (IMX)
10 and Under: 200 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
11-12 year olds: 500 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast, 100 Fly, 200 IM
13 and Over: 500 Free, 200 Back, 200 Breast, 200 Fly, 200 IM, 400 IM
For each swim, swimmers score points based on the power point system developed by USA Swimming. Essentially, the faster the swim, the more points are scored. When all events for the program are completed, the swimmer will have a score that is the aggregate of all the swims. For a given season, the best times in each event are used to calculate the season score.
MTS will be giving out the following incentive awards at the Spring Banquet:
- All swimmers who complete the IMR or IMX events will receive a certificate from USA Swimming which shows their score (total and each event), National Rank, Zone Rank, LSC Rank, and Club Rank for their age.
- Bronze Level – Swimmers with an IMX score above 1500 will receive a special award in addition to their certificate
- Silver Level – Swimmers with an IMX score above 2500 will receive a special award in addition to the bronze award and their certificate
- Gold Level – Swimmers with an IMX score above 3500 will receive a special award in addition to the silver and bronze award and their certificate.