Thanks for your interest in being a chaperone on a TNAQ travel trip. Listed below are a few things to consider before offering your time. If you have questions please ask your coach.
- Be registered as non-athlete with USA Swimming - CLICK HERE
- Submit to USA Swimming background check - CLICK HERE (Both reimbursable through TNAQ. Current USA Officials registration satisfies this requirement.
- Be available to coaches/athletes for duration of trip, no side trips.
- A lot of driving may be required.
- Help establish a food plan before trip and daily.
- Very little down time, days start early and finish late.
- You may not be able to see every swim, including your own child.
- You are the parent for every athlete, not just your own.
- Your attitude helps establish mood for team.
- Be available for parent phone calls. This includes info regarding allergies and medications.
- Be patient, plans change at last minute.
- Be prepared to share a room with another chaperone.
- Be prepared to work cooperatively with chaperone, no specific lead.
- Get to know all of the swimmers, not just your child’s best friends.
- Will need to keep within allotted budget and keep receipts.
- Must be willing to help any swimmers who get sick on the trip.
- Will be responsible for keeping the TNAQ first aid kit
- Your child must be attending the meet as a swimmer.