Silver Group at McCallie/GPS Aquatics refines and builds upon the fundamentals introduced in the SuperStars group, while introducing more advanced drills, endurance swimming, and efficiency in techniques. Basic drylands will be introduced to increase coordination and balance.
Swimmers in Silver Group will compete in all meets hosted by McCallie/GPS Aquatics, as well as any local meets. They will also have the opportunity to attend specific out of town meets.
Silver Group Awards
• 2017 CASL 8 & Under Girls High Point Runner-Up: Lydia Mizutani
• 2017 CASL 8 & Under Boy High Point: Noah Holliman
• Swimmers who have qualified for Southeastern Championships
- 2017-2018: Sam Jackson, Jed Holliman
- 2016-2017: Adelaide Bond, Ben Flasch, Henry Flasch, Paul Hoang, Nick John
- 2015-2016: Scout Chapin, Jack Sallee, Rhett Rodgers, Julia Striker, Frances Bohner
• 2016 East Regional Championships High Point 8 & Under Girl: Adelaide Bond
• 2016 Chattanooga Area Swim League 8 & Under Girls High Point Runner-Up: Frances Bohner
• What is the minimum requirement to be in Silver Group?
Swimmers must be legal in all four competitive strokes.
• When is Silver Group practice?
Short Course (August-May) Practices are Monday - Thursday 6:00-7:15pm and Saturday 10:00-11:30am
Long Course (June-July) Practices are Monday-Friday 8-9am and Tuesday & Wednesday 5:30-6:45pm
• Who are the Silver Group coaches?
Katie Jacobs Sallee
• What are the monthly dues for Silver Group?
Dues are $95 per month.
• What equipment do the swimmers need?
Swimmers in Silver Group will need a competitive practice suit, googles and cap. Other needs are fins and kickboard (which can be kept in a mesh bag.)
• How long is the season?
Short Course season is September - May
Long Course season is June- July