The Blue Group is our most advanced age group. This group will have swimmers focusing on technique refinement while increasing conditioning, developing race strategy, and becoming goal oriented swimmers. Dryland training is a very important aspect of Blue Group to build overall fitness.
Swimmer will compete in all meets hosted by McCallie/GPS Aquatics, specific area meets, and out of town meets.
Blue Group Awards
• 2017 CASL 9 & 10 Girls High Point Runner-Up: Scout Chapin
• 2017 CASL 11 & 12 Boys High Point Runner-Up: Grayson Officer
• 2016 SE short Course 11&12 Girls 200 Medley & 200 Free Relay Champions: Lily Parr, Davina Sharma, Brighton Smith & Ellie Taliaferro
• 2015 SE Short Course Zone Team: Ellie Taliaferro
• 2015 Short Course SE 10-U High Point Runner-Up: Sam Powe
• 2015 Short Course SE 10-U 50 Free, 100 Free, 200 Free & 50 Back Winner: Sam Powe
• 2015 CASL Girls 9&10 High Point Runner-Up: Ellie Taliaferro
• When is Blue Group practice?
Short Course (August - May) Practices are Monday-Friday 5:30-7:30pm and Saturday 10:00-11:30am
Long Course (June - July) Practices are Monday-Friday 7:30-9:00pm and Tuesday & Wednesday 5:00-6:45pm
• Who are the Blue Group coaches?
• What are the monthly dues for Blue Group?
Dues are $105 per month.
• What equipment do the swimmers need?
Swimmers in Blue Group will need a competitive practice suit, googles and cap. Other needs are fins, kickboard, pull buoy and paddles (which can be kept in a mesh bag.)
• How long is the season?
Short Course season is September - March
Long Course season is April - July