We need volunteers to help run the swim meets. Examples of needed volunteers:
1. Timers: Regular Season meets, we'll take as many volunteers as we can get per meet. During summer league we need 7-8 timers every swim meet (both home & away).
Head Timer: This person will have 2 backup hand held timers and will act as a backup for any lane timer who does not get their watch started properly.
2. Concessions: 2 people per home meet to sell heat sheets and concessions. This is a summer league job only.
3. Ribbon/Awards: 1-2 people every meet to label ribbons & awards.
4. Bull Pen: 2 people per meet needed to line up kids & get them to the blocks.
5. Party Help: 2 people to set up, serve, & clean up after ice cream parties. These parties are only after home meets. This is a summer league job only.
6. Equipment: 2 people to set up, run, & take down all equipment.
7. Officials: Become an official by volunteering to learn and then going through an apprenticeship process. Official positions include Referee, Starter and Stroke & Turn Judge. Becoming a registeredofficial is a great way to learn more about the sport and give something back to the team, and it's also an unbeatable way to get the best seat in the house during a meet- on the pool deck! Click here for more information on how to become an official.
8. Board Members: As a non profit team, we are run by a board of directors. If you'd like to work in this capacity, please contact a coach or current board member.
9. Place Judge: 2 people who sit at the end of the pool and record what place each lane finishes.
10. Computer: We need 1 or 2 people who are interested in running the computer program during the meet. This job basically involves making sure the scoring is running properly and the printing of the tags for the ribbons. (Lisa Clark has been doing this job for us for several years. However, she currently does not have a child swimming and will not be available to work this position for 2015) If you are interested in this position we can get you trained for the upcoming season.