This group is intended for active competing swimmer with a focus on continued emphasis on refining the four competitive strokes. In this group swimmers, demonstrate proper stream lines and advance knowledge with flip turns and open turns (Butterfly and Breaststroke). Swimmer in this group should have a much greater desire to compete in swim meets and championships at the end of each season. Swimmers in this group should be USA Swimming registered.
Next progression group - (depending on age) Bronze A, Silver B or Silver A
Swimmers practice in the outdoor Hazard pool at Mission Valley.
- Monday – Friday 5:45 pm – 6:45 pm
- Recommended 3 - 5 practices per week
Swimmers in this group participate in YMCA All Levels meets and in B/C, A/B USA meets
- Recommended meet participation 5 - 10 meets per full season
- Fall/Winter season September 5th to February 4th
Price (Check with the YMCA to verify pricing and options)
- Maintain the use of YMCA Core Values in practice and in life
- Continue practicing proper lane etiquette
- Continue to adjust to unfavorable conditions such as cold/warm water, Leaky goggles while at swim meets.
- Maintain knowledge with the use of the pace clock
- Swimmer are expected to bring swim equipment to practice
- Listen to instruction
- Learn to work hard and be encouraging toward your teammates
- Learn leadership in lanes
- Learn more advanced sets
- Goal setting
Expected minimum Training set
- 6 x 100 Free @2:45
- 4 x 100 Kick @3:00
- 2 x 100 IM @3:15
2017/18 Fall/Winter Meet Schedule