This group is intended for high aged swimmers that or looking for advancement to Age Group Blue or are maintain form for High school season. In this group swimmers, demonstrate proper stream lines and advanced knowledge on flip turns and open turns (Butterfly and Breaststroke). While maintaining proper stroke technique this group follows a specific training and meet schedule.
Next progression group - Gold A
Swimmers practice in the outdoor Hazard pool at Mission Valley.
- Monday – Friday 3:30 pm – 5 pm
- Recommended 4-5 practices per week
Swimmers in this group participate in all levels YMCA meets and USA Swimming meets.
- Recommended meet participation 5 - 10 meets per full season
- Fall/Winter season September 5th to March 11th
Price (Check with the YMCA to verify pricing and options)
- Maintain the use of YMCA Core Values in practice and in life
- Continue practicing proper lane etiquette
- Continue to adjust to unfavorable conditions such as cold/warm water, Leaky goggles while at swim meets.
- Maintain knowledge with the use of the pace clock
- Swimmer are expected to bring swim equipment to practice
- Listen to instruction
- Learn to work hard and be encouraging toward your teammates
- Learn leadership in lanes
- Advanced sets
- Goal setting
- Water Bottle
- Drag Suit (optional but recommended)
Expected minimum Training set
- 10 x 100 @1:45
- 8 x 100 Kick @2:30
- 4 x 200 IM @3:30
2017/18 Fall/Winter Meet Schedule