This group is intended for high school aged swimmers that or looking for advancement to Gold A. In this group swimmers, demonstrate proper stream lines and advanced knowledge on flip turns and open turns (Butterfly and Breaststroke). While maintaining proper stroke technique this group follows a specific training and meet schedule.
2018/19 Fall/Winter Meet Schedule
Next progression group - Gold A
Swimmers practice in the outdoor Hazard pool at Mission Valley YMCA.
- Monday - Friday 4 pm – 5:30 pm
- Dry-Land Tuesday - Thursday 6 pm - 6:30 pm
- Recommended 4-5 practices per week
Swimmers in this group participate in All Levels YMCA meets and USA Swimming meets.
- Recommended meet participation 5 - 8 meets per season
- Fall/Winter season September to February
- High School season February to May
- Spring/Summer season May to August
Price (Check with the YMCA to verify pricing and options)
- Member - $90/month + Plus YMCA Membership
- Maintain the use of YMCA Core Values in practice and in life
- Adjust to unfavorable conditions such as cold/warm water, leaky goggles while at swim meets and practice.
- Striving for personal excellence
- Expected to bring swim equipment/gear to practice
- Learn to work hard and be encouraging toward your teammates
- Learn leadership
- Advanced sets
- Goal setting
- Water Bottle
- Drag Suit (optional but recommended)
Expected minimum Training set
- 10 x 100 @1:45
- 8 x 100 Kick @2:15
- 4 x 200 IM @3:30